Lonely and Gone
|"Lonely and Gone"|
|Single by Montgomery Gentry|
|from the album Tattoos & Scars|
|B-side||"I've Loved a Lot Than I've Hurt"|
|Released||June 22, 1999|
|Songwriter(s)||Bill McCorvey, Dave Gibson, Greg Crowe|
|Montgomery Gentry singles chronology|
"Lonely and Gone" is a song recorded by American country music duo Montgomery Gentry. It was released in June 1999 as the second single from their debut album Tattoos & Scars. It peaked at number 5, thus becoming their first top 5 hit. The song was co-written by Bill McCorvey of Pirates of the Mississippi, Dave Gibson and Greg Crowe.
The music video features the duo going through a house on the corner of "Lonely and Gone", and throughout the video, a lightning bolt struck the house. By the end of the video, the house is an inferno. The music video was directed by Chris Rogers. It premiered on CMT on June 16, 1999.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||11|
|US Billboard Hot 100||46|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||32|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7267." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. November 15, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Montgomery Gentry – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Montgomery Gentry.
- "Montgomery Gentry – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Montgomery Gentry.
- "Best of 1999: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.