Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
|Long Beach Memorial Medical Center|
|MemorialCare Health System|
|Location||2801 Atlantic Avenue, California, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
It was established as Seaside Hospital in 1907. Incorporated as Seaside Memorial Hospital on June 23, 1937. In 1960, it moved to its present location. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission.
Long Beach Memorial is one of only 3 hospitals in California with a 320 Slice CT Scanner and preventative technology and programs such as the Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscope (ENB) and the Division of Interventional Neuroradiology. "Centers of Excellence" include the MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute, the MemorialCare Todd Cancer Institute, the MemorialCare Rehabilitation Institute, the MemorialCare Orthopedic Institute, the MemorialCare Neuroscience Institute, MemorialCare Joint Replacement Center, Stroke Program and the Emergency Department and Trauma Center.
Miller Children's Hospital is located on the campus of Long Beach Memorial Medical Center.
Long Beach Memorial was first established as Seaside Hospital in 1907, then incorporated as Seaside Memorial Hospital on June 23, 1937. In 1960, it moved to its present location. In April 2012, Susan Melvin, D.O., clinical professor at UCI-School of Medicine and Western University of Health Sciences, assumed the position of Chief Medical Officer.
Rankings and awards
In the 2017 report card from the Leapfrog Group, an employer-backed nonprofit group focused on health care quality, Long Beach Memorial received a B.
In the 2017 U.S. News & World Report nation's best hospital rankings, Long Beach Memorial is ranked 7th in Los Angeles County.
Registered Nurses of LBMMC have been represented by the California Nurses Association since 2001, a labor union and professional nurses association.
- "Long Beach Memorial Medical Center". US News & World Report. 2012. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- Staff Reports (April 30, 2012). "Prominent Physician Named Long Beach Memorial Chief Medical Officer". Long Beach Post. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- "Awarded International Magnet Recognition | MemorialCare Health System | Orange County | Los Angeles County". www.memorialcare.org. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "News | MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center and MemorialCare Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach Achieve Prestigious Magnet® Designation for the 2nd Time Reinforcing a Commitment to Nursing Excellence | MemorialCare Health System | Orange County | Los Angeles County". www.memorialcare.org. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "Here's how Long Beach area hospitals scored on Leapfrog's latest report card". Press Telegram. 2017-04-18. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "Best Hospitals For Long Beach Residents: U.S. News and World Report". Long Beach, CA Patch. 2017-08-08. Retrieved 2018-02-08.