Long Dong Silver
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Long Dong Silver|
|Born||April 20, 1960
London, United Kingdom
|No. of adult films||6|
Long Dong Silver (born April 20, 1960), is a retired porn star. Famed for the apparent size of his penis (reputedly 18 inches / 45 centimeters), he appeared in several pornographic movies in the UK and US during the late 1970s and early 1980s. However, photographer Jay Myrdal has revealed that although Silver “was immensely endowed… a good nine or ten inches,” the penis featured in his porn shoots was faked. After at first successfully utilising “complicated multi-exposure techniques” to enhance Silver’s natural endowments for still photography, Myrdal later persuaded the makeup artist for the film The Elephant Man to create the prosthetic which greatly contributed to the notoriety of Long Dong Silver. Myrdal comments that, “It was very light, a very delicate foam latex sleeve that fit on over the cock, carefully glued down underneath by the pubes and then made up.”
His debut film was the low-budget Sex Freaks released in 1979, in which he co-starred with Vicki Scott. In 1982 he appeared with the legendary Seka in Beauty and the Beast, shot in America. His name is a reference to Long John Silver.
He received new fame in the wake of allegations of sexual harassment during the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings in the U.S. Senate in 1991, as Anita Hill alleged that Thomas had mentioned to her that he was a viewer of Long Dong Silver's films.
- Hansen, Dian (2008). "The Myth...Long Dong Silver". The Big Penis Book. Cologne: Taschen. p. 358. ISBN 978-3-8365-0213-9.
- Hanson, p. 357.
- Hanson, p. 359.
- Kelly O (April 22, 2009). "Porn! How to Live with a Huge Penis". The Stranger. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
- Berke, Richard “Drama in Senate” New York Times Oct 12, 1991: 9
-  Press, Bill "The return of Long Dong Silver." InsidePolitics, CNN, July 5, 2001. Called him "the now-famous "Long Dong Silver." Retrieved Koulo grote pik April 24, 2009
-  Mann, Judy, "A strange justice for all." The Washington Post, November 9, 1994. Called him "a well known performer." Retrieved April 24, 2009(subscription)
-  Handy, Bruce, "Oh, behave!" Time (magazine), February 2, 1998. Says "..Long Dong Silver became a household name.." Retrieved April 24, 2009
-  Friedman, David, "A mind of its own,"Simon and Schuster, 2001.ISBN 0-684-85320-5, 9780684853208. Calls him (p 135)"a supernaturally endowed porn star" and discusses Anita Hill's testimony in the Thomas confirmation hearings related to Thomas' alleged comments about the actor. Retrieved April 24, 2009