Long Hot Summer (Keith Urban song)
|"Long Hot Summer"|
|Single by Keith Urban|
|from the album Get Closer|
|Released||27 June 2011|
4:33 (album version)3:52 (radio version)
|Keith Urban singles chronology|
"Long Hot Summer" is a song co-written and recorded by Australian country music artist Keith Urban. It was released in June 2011 as the third single from his 2010 album Get Closer. It reached number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week 22 October 2011. Urban wrote this song with Richard Marx.
Nate Chinen of The New York Times wrote that it was "one of the friskier tunes" on the album. Dan Milliken, reviewing the song for Country Universe, gave it a B rating, saying that it is the "closest he’s come in two albums to capturing his old uptempo spark." Coyne states the song could function as a "prequel to the melancholy, ''Til Summer Comes Around'". Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song four and a half stars out of five, saying that the only criticism is the "early guitar work that runs beneath the song’s first verse". Dukes went on to say that it is a song that "only the grouchiest of grouchies can frown on."
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||35|
|US Billboard Hot 100||45|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||22|
"Made in America"
by Toby Keith
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
22 October 2011
"God Gave Me You"
by Blake Shelton
- "Future Releases for Country Radio Stations". All Access. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "Chart Listings for "Long Hot Summer" - Keith Urban". Billboard. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- Chinen, Nate (22 November 2010), CDs from Ne-Yo, Lloyd Banks and Keith Urban - Review - NYTimes.com, The New York Times, retrieved 11 December 2010
- Milliken, Dan (17 August 2011). "Single Review: Keith Urban - Long Hot Summer". Country Universe. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- Dukes, Billy (15 June 2011). "Keith Urban — 'Long Hot Summer' Single Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- "Keith Urban - "Long Hot Summer"". Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "The ARIA Report (Issue #1081)" (PDF). ARIA / PANDORA. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- "Keith Urban Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Keith Urban.
- "Keith Urban Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Keith Urban.
- "Keith Urban Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Keith Urban.
- "Best of 2011: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.