|Long Lawford shown within Warwickshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||West Midlands|
Long Lawford is a village and civil parish in the Rugby borough of Warwickshire, England, located just west of Rugby, in 2001 the parish had a population of 2,831, increasing to 3,180 at the 2011 census.
The village is one of four Lawfords in the locality, and is named long because, historically, the village ran along the road between Rugby and Coventry. The other three Lawfords are Church Lawford, Little Lawford and Lawford Heath. The village is next to the A428 road. The Rugby to Coventry railway line (West Coast Main Line) runs through the village, but it has never had its own station.
The main manor house in Long Lawford is Holbrook Grange, the ancestral home of the Caldecotts. Although the house has now changed hands, the influences of the Caldecotts remain, with one of the two village public houses being "The Caldecott Arms".
Long Lawford is effectively a suburb of Rugby, although it is not administered as part of the town. There are three parts of Long Lawford:
- the old village, which contains many old buildings and several pubs
- a modern (1960s) council estate a primary school
- a newer (1990s) residential area. Another development was built in 2006, just off the A428 road. The primary road in this development, 'Tee Tong Road', was named after the highest bidder (£1,300) in a Children in Need auction in November 2005.
The village is reputedly haunted by a one-armed spectre, known as One-handed Boughton.
- ONS Neighbourhood Statistics
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- "Lawford Hall, Little Lawford - Mysterious Britain & Ireland". Mysterious Britain & Ireland. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
Judge, Keith (c. 1996). A History of the Parishes of Long Lawford and Little Lawford, 1754-1995. Privately published. p. 148.
Media related to Long Lawford at Wikimedia Commons
|This Warwickshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
its an ACE school according to OFSTED IN 2013