Long Legged Girl (With the Short Dress On)
|"Long Legged Girl (With the Short Dress On)"|
|Single by Elvis Presley with the Jordanaires|
|from the album Double Trouble|
|A-side||"Long Legged Girl (With the Short Dress On)"|
|B-side||"That's Someone You Never Forget"|
|Released||April 28, 1967|
|Format||7" vinyl 45|
|Genre||Rock and roll, Pop|
|Elvis Presley with the Jordanaires singles chronology|
Released in 1967 as a single, with "That's Someone You Never Forget" (from the 1962 album Pot Luck) as the B-side, it spent 6 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at no. 63 on the week ending June 10. The single reached no. 24 in Canada, no. 36 in Australia on the Go-Set chart, and no. 49 in the UK.
Billboard reviewed the single in its May 6, 1967 issue. The magazine predicted "Long Legged Girl (With the Short Dress On)" to reach the top 60 of the Hot 100 chart and characterized it as "a strong rhythm entry with traces of his earlier hit sounds" such as "Blue Suede Shoes".
The 2014 book The Elvis Movies called "Long Legged Girl (With the Short Dress On)" "probably the best song in the movie" Double Trouble.
The 2013 book Elvis Music FAQ concluded: "Long Legged Girl (With the Short Dress On)" is tolerable faux hard rock. "The guitar is dirty, but the lick is humdrum, and Elvis sounds detached. It wasn't a good single choice, but it has a pulpy cheese thing going."
|US Billboard Hot 100||63|
- Nielsen Business Media, Inc. (3 June 1967). Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 20–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Nielsen Business Media, Inc. (6 May 1967). Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 20–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Catalog of Copyright Entries: Third series. 1968. pp. 388–.
- James L. Neibaur (4 April 2014). The Elvis Movies. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. pp. 214–. ISBN 978-1-4422-3074-3.
- "Elvis Presley With The Jordanaires - Long Legged Girl (With The Short Dress On) at Discogs". Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "Music: Top 100 Songs - Billboard Hot 100 Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- Song artist 2 - Elvis Presley.tsort.