Long Trip Alone
|Long Trip Alone|
|Studio album by Dierks Bentley|
|Released||October 17, 2006|
|Dierks Bentley chronology|
|Singles from Long Trip Alone|
Long Trip Alone is the third studio album of country music singer Dierks Bentley. It was released October 17, 2006 (see 2006 in country music). His third album for Capitol Records Nashville, it has produced four singles to date on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts: "Every Mile a Memory", the title track, "Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)", and "Trying to Stop Your Leaving". Of these, both the first and third singles became Number One hits, while the second reached No. 10 and the fourth peaked at No. 5. Brett Beavers, his producer, helped Bentley co-write all of the songs on the album.
|1.||"Every Mile a Memory"||Brett Beavers, Steve Bogard, Dierks Bentley||3:52|
|2.||"Can't Live It Down"||B. Beavers, Bentley, Tony Martin||3:23|
|3.||"Long Trip Alone"||B. Beavers, Steve Bogard, Bentley||3:43|
|4.||"That Don't Make It Easy Loving Me"||B. Beavers, Deric Ruttan, Bentley||4:09|
|5.||"Soon as You Can"||B. Beavers, Bentley, Martin||4:00|
|6.||"Trying to Stop Your Leaving"||B. Beavers, Jim Beavers, Bentley||3:38|
|7.||"Hope for Me Yet"||B. Beavers, Bentley, Martin||2:56|
|8.||"The Heaven I'm Headed To"||Paul Nelson, B. Beavers, Bentley||4:31|
|9.||"Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)"||B. Beavers, Bentley, Rob Harrington, Rod Janzen||3:19|
|10.||"Band of Brothers"||B. Beavers, J. Beavers, Bentley||3:44|
|11.||"Prodigal Son's Prayer" (featuring The Grascals)||B. Beavers, Ruttan, Bentley||2:53|
- Dierks Bentley- lead vocals
- Steve Brewster- drums
- Jimmy Carter- bass guitar
- J.T. Corenflos- electric guitar
- Terry Eldredge- acoustic guitar and background vocals on "Prodigal Son's Prayer
- Rob Harrington- bass guitar
- Aubrey Haynie- fiddle
- Inmates at Charles Bass Correctional Complex- foot stomping
- Rod Janzen- electric guitar
- Jamie Johnson- vocals on "Prodigal Son's Prayer"
- Jimmy Mattingly- fiddle on "Prodigal Son's Prayer"
- Steve Misamore- drums
- Gary Morse- lap steel guitar, pedal steel guitar
- Danny Roberts- mandolin on "Prodigal Son's Prayer"
- Tim Sargeant- pedal steel guitar
- Terry Smith- upright bass on "Pridigal Son's Prayer"
- Bryan Sutton- banjo, bouzouki, acoustic guitar, mandolin
- Russell Terrell- background vocals
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||1|
|U.S. Billboard 200||5|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions|
|2006||"Every Mile a Memory"||1||48||—|
|"Long Trip Alone"||10||66||—|
|2007||"Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)"||1||46||59|
|2008||"Trying to Stop Your Leaving"||5||73||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
Take the Weather with You by Jimmy Buffett
|Top Country Albums number-one album
November 4–10, 2006
Songs of Inspiration by Alabama
|United States (RIAA)||Gold|
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Long Trip Alone review". Allmusic. Retrieved July 2, 2011.
- Keefe, Jonathan. "Dierks Bentley: Long Trip Alone". Slant. Retrieved July 2, 2011.
- "American album certifications – Dierks Bentley – Long Trip Alone". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH