|Look up longitudinal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Longitudinal is a geometric term of location which may refer to:
- Longitudinal engine, an internal combustion engine in which the crankshaft is oriented along the long axis of the vehicle, front to back
- Longitudinal mode, a particular standing wave pattern of a resonant cavity formed by waves confined in the cavity
- Longitudinal redundancy check, in telecommunication, a form of redundancy check that is applied independently to each of a parallel group of bit streams.
- Longitudinal study, a research study that involves repeated observations of the same items over long periods of time — often many decades
- Longitudinal voltage, in telecommunication, a voltage induced or appearing along the length of a transmission medium
- Longitudinal wave, a wave with oscillations or vibrations along or parallel to their direction of travel
- Longitudinal/longitudinally are also anatomical terms of location.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Longitudinal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.