Longslade Community College
|Motto||Longslade is Learning|
|Headteacher||Mrs Kirstie Black|
|Vice principals||Mr J Smith, Mr S Reynard|
|DfE URN||120261 Tables|
There are over 850 pupils enrolled. The school is in the district of Charnwood in Leicestershire, and takes students from the ages of 14-19. Most pupils join the college from the local high school; Stonehill High School in Birstall, but an increasing proportion come from the city of Leicester.
The college also provides adult education and special needs education.
The school opened as the Longslade Grammar School, which became a comprehensive in 1968 (??).
Longslade was created at a time of innovation in Leicestershire with regard to education. Leicestershire had created what was to be known as the Leicestershire Plan. Education authorities are not renowned from learning from each other but Leicestershire received delegations from half of the other authorities in England as well as attention from the USA to see the novel changes in Educational policy that they introduced.
The school population in Leicestershire was expanding. In 1948 there were just under 44,000 children in Leicestershire but this had expanded to over 72,000 by 1968. This was not just population growth but movement from Leicester to the outlying suburbs like Oadby, Wigston and included in this list was Birstall. The county was setting out on what was to be known as the Leicestershire plan for comprehensive education. Where other schools in England were converting existing grammar schools and secondary modern schools to comprehensive education by changing their intake, Leicestershire decided to change the age of entry. Some schools were converted into what they called high schools that served ages 11 to 14 whilst others were converted into upper schools that educated children from age 14 to 18. This idea had been tried out experimentally in Oadby and Wigston in 1957 and the second phase was in 1960 taking in high schools in Scraptoft (Hamilton High), Thurmaston and with both a high and upper school on the new site between Birstall and Wanlip.
For a number of years, its results were well below average. In August 2013, the college recorded it's best ever GCSE results with 60% of students receiving grades A*-C including English and Maths. This is in line with the county average. However the Ofsted report in June 2013 deemed the school inadequate in achievement of pupils, quality of teaching, behaviour and safety of pupils and leadership and management.
- Prof. Paul Curran (1955- ) Vice Chancellor & Professor of Geography
- Andy Reed MP for Loughborough (1964- )
- Simon Tebbutt - Economics Lecturer and Director of Teaching, University of Sheffield 
- Carol Leader - actress and television presenter.
- Mike Hendrick - England cricketer.
- Dan Greaves (athlete)
- Official site School web site
- Leicester and its Regions, N.Pye ed, School in Leicester, p499-505, ISBN 0-7185-1108-5
- Birstall Post, Birstall post. "Birstall Post". Birstall Post. Retrieved Feb 2011.
- "Longslade Community College". OFSTED. June 2013. Retrieved October 2013.
- ‘CURRAN, Prof. Paul James’, Who's Who 2008, A & C Black, 2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007 accessed 21 Aug 2008
- REED, Andrew John’, Who's Who 2008, A & C Black, 2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007 accessed 21 Aug 2008