Chisenhall with the Cleveland Indians
|Cleveland Indians – No. 8|
|Third baseman / Right fielder|
October 4, 1988 |
Morehead, North Carolina
|June 27, 2011 for the Cleveland Indians|
(through 2015 season)
|Runs batted in||177|
Lonnie David Chisenhall (born October 4, 1988) is an American professional baseball third baseman for the Cleveland Indians of Major League Baseball (MLB). He made his MLB debut with the Indians in June 2011. Chisenhall has also filled in at right field for the Indians in 2015.
Chisenhall was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 11th round of the 2006 Major League Baseball Draft but chose to attend the University of South Carolina. Chisenhall played for the South Carolina Gamecocks baseball team in his freshman year, but was dismissed from the team after being charged with breaking into a dorm room and stealing electronic equipment. He then transferred to Pitt Community College.
On June 27, 2011, Chisenhall was promoted from the Class AAA Columbus Clippers, and went 2-for-4 in his major league debut against the Arizona Diamondbacks. On July 6, 2011 Chisenhall hit his first major league home run off of Boone Logan of the New York Yankees. On July 7, 2011, Chisenhall was hit with a fastball thrown by Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Carlos Villanueva and had to leave the game with facial contusions.
In 2012, he finished with a .260 batting average, 12 home runs, and 38 runs batted in. On May 13, 2013, Chisenhall was sent down to the Class AAA Columbus Clippers. He was recalled on May 18. On June 9, 2014, Chisenhall became the first player in MLB history to have 5 hits, 3 home runs, and 9 RBI in 5 plate appearances.
- "Star freshmen dismissed from USC baseball team". Espn.com (ESPN Internet Ventures). Associated Press. March 19, 2007. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- "Indians select INF Lonnie Chisenhall in the first round of 2008 First-Year Player Draft". Mlb.com (Press release). Major League Baseball Advanced Media. June 5, 2008. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- Bloom, Barry M.; Bastian, Jordan (June 28, 2011). "Chisenhall makes impact in debut for Indians". Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- Hoynes, Paul (July 7, 2011). "Justin Masterson goes 8 scoreless innings in Cleveland Indians' 5–3 victory over Yankees". Plain Dealer. Cleveland, OH: Advance Media. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- Hoynes, Paul (July 7, 2011). "Travis Hafner's grand slam caps five-run ninth-inning rally as Cleveland Indians beat Toronto Blue Jays". Plain Dealer. Cleveland, OH: Advance Media. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- "Indians send 3B Lonnie Chisenhall to minors".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lonnie Chisenhall.|
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)