This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Studio album by|
|Released||28 March 1980|
|Label||Mercury (UK original release)|
7T's (UK 2008 reissue)
Warner Bros. (U.S.)
|Singles from Look Hear?|
U.S. release of Look Hear?
Look Hear? is the seventh studio album by 10cc, released in 1980. It reached No. 35 in the UK and No. 180 in the United States.
The album was recorded after a long break the band had to take due to Eric Stewart's car accident in January 1979 that left him with blindness in one eye and temporary hearing loss in one ear and was the first by 10cc since the departure of Godley and Creme to include songs written by neither Graham Gouldman or Eric Stewart.
Like previous albums, it was recorded at the band's Strawberry Studios South in Dorking, Surrey. The cover art, created by Hipgnosis, led to speculation that the album was titled Are You Normal and underwent significant alteration for the album's U.S. release: the prominent display of the words "Are you normal" was replaced by a photo of a sheep relaxing on a beach, a similar image of which had appeared only as a small insert on the UK cover.
Release and reception
The album was the band's first for their new label in the U.S., Warner Bros. Records.
Two singles were lifted from the album: "One Two Five (edit)"/"Only Child" and "It Doesn't Matter at All"/"From Rochdale to Ocho Rios". While the singles failed to chart in the U.K. "One Two Five" reached #9 in Norway. In the U.S. only "It Doesn't Matter at All" was released (B-side changed to "Strange Lover") and it failed to chart.
Both Gouldman and Stewart would later express their disappointment with the album's lukewarm reception, but they would also acknowledge that their hearts might not have been in it. At the time of its making, Stewart was still recovering from an automobile accident. They also admit that the hiatus the band was forced to go into following Stewart's accident was the beginning of the end, and that musical tastes had shifted in the interim.
The album was reissued in 2008 on CD with bonus tracks from "One-Two-Five" single.
- "One-Two-Five" (Graham Gouldman, Eric Stewart) – 5:21
- "Welcome to the World" (Rick Fenn, Duncan Mackay) – 3:43
- "How'm I Ever Gonna Say Goodbye" (Fenn, Gouldman) – 3:38
- "Don't Send We Back" (Fenn) – 3:20
- "I Took You Home" (Stewart) – 5:18
- "It Doesn't Matter at All" (Gouldman, Stewart) – 4:01
- "Dressed to Kill" (Gouldman, Stewart) – 3:26
- "Lovers Anonymous" (Gouldman, Stewart) – 5:06
- "I Hate to Eat Alone" (Gouldman) – 2:57
- "Strange Lover" (Gouldman, Stewart) – 3:44
- "L.A. Inflatable" (Gouldman, Stewart) – 4:32
- Bonus tracks on the 2008 CD reissue
- "One-Two-Five" (Edited Single Version) (Gouldman, Stewart) – 4:04
- "Only Child" (Gouldman, Stewart) – 3:13
- Eric Stewart – lead vocals, guitars, electric piano, vocoder, slide lead guitar, marracas, percussion
- Graham Gouldman – lead vocals, bass, guitars, congas
- Rick Fenn – vocals, guitars, lead vocals (4), co-lead vocals (3)
- Duncan Mackay – Yamaha CS80 synthesizer, organ, Hohner Clavinet duo, harpsichord, vocoder, tubular bells, electric piano
- Paul Burgess – drums, percussion, marimba, timpani
- Stuart Tosh – backing vocals, percussion, timpani