Look at My Dab
|"Look at My Dab"|
|Single by Migos|
|from the album Back to the Bando|
|Released||October 30, 2015|
|Migos singles chronology|
"Look at My Dab" (originally titled "Bitch Dab") is a song by American hip hop group Migos. It was released as a single on October 30, 2015 by Quality Control Music and 300 Entertainment. The song was included on their mixtape Back to the Bando (2015) and was produced by Drumma Boy. It peaked at number 87 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Migos released two music videos to promote "Look at My Dab". The first video was uploaded to Mass Appeal magazine's YouTube channel on November 12, 2015, while the second one was released on December 19, 2015 via WorldStarHipHop's YouTube channel. Cameo appearances made by Lil Jon and Young Thug.
The song helped popularized the dab dance, the origins of which have been disputed. Atlanta hip-hop artists frequently mentioned as possible pioneers have included Migos, Skippa da Flippa, Peewee Longway, Soulja Boy and Rich The Kid.
However, the origins of the "dab" actually date back decades, to the "henshin" pose/sequence in Japanese popular culture, where it has commonly appeared in tokusatsu superhero shows such as Kamen Rider and Super Sentai (later adapted into Power Rangers) since the 1970s, as well as anime shows such as Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z (e.g. Ginyu Force, Great Saiyaman, fusion dance) since at least the 1990s. The dab also appeared in the Bollywood music video "Maye Ne Maye" from the 1994 Bollywood film Hum Aapke Hain Koun. Whatever its origins, "Look at My Dab" helped popularize the dab in American popular culture, and the dab has since gone viral on social media platforms.
|US Billboard Hot 100||87|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||28|
- "New Music: Migos – 'Bitch Dab'". Rap-Up. September 3, 2015. Retrieved March 31, 2016.
- "Watch Migos' Educational "Bitch Dab" Video". The Fader. November 12, 2015. Retrieved March 31, 2016.
- "It's a Dab Fest in Migos' "Look at My Dab" Video". XXL. December 19, 2015. Retrieved March 31, 2016.
- Fumadoh, Ziwe (November 20, 2015). "Your guide to dabbing, a 'new' dance craze that already peaked". Daily Dot. Archived from the original on November 16, 2018. Retrieved November 15, 2018.
There’s a great deal of controversy surrounding the pioneers of the dabbing dance, with the majority of credit goes to the members of Quality Control label (including Migos, OG Maco, and Peewee Longway). Migos has gotten the bulk of the credit for the trend since releasing the song ' Dab' on Sept. 3, 2015.
- on YouTube
- on YouTube
- Maye Ne Maye - Hum Aapke Hain Koun - Salman Khan, Madhuri Dixit - Classic Cult Song. Rajshri Productions. March 7, 2008. Event occurs at 3:00. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- "Migos Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Migos Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard.
- on YouTube