Looking Glass Township, Clinton County, Illinois
|Looking Glass Township|
Location in Clinton County
Clinton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1873|
|• Total||50.71 sq mi (131.3 km2)|
|• Land||50.42 sq mi (130.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.29 sq mi (0.8 km2) 0.57%|
|Elevation||430 ft (131 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||6,308|
|• Density||126/sq mi (49/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62215, 62245, 62265, 62266, 62293|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 50.71 square miles (131.3 km2), of which 50.42 square miles (130.6 km2) (or 99.43%) is land and 0.29 square miles (0.75 km2) (or 0.57%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Green Mount, Harpstrite, New Baden and Saint Bernard.
Airports and landing strips
- Fischers RLA Airport
- Broeckling Lake
- Cooper Lake
- Little Cooper Lake
- Long Lake
- Muskrat Lake
- Queens Lake
- Wesclin Community Unit School District 3
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 108
- State Senate District 54
- "Looking Glass Township, Clinton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.