Lope De Vega is a fourth class municipality in the province of Northern Samar, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 14,687. The town is bordered in the north by Catarman and Mondragon in the east and the province of Samar in the south.
It is named after medieval Spanish playwright and poet Lope de Vega.
Lope De Vega is politically subdivided into 22 barangays.
- Gen. Luna
- Lope De Vega (Pob.)
- Lower Caynaga
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- San Miguel
- Upper Caynaga
Lope de Vega is served by buses, jeepneys, and van-for-hire with service to Catarman, Calbayog City and to Tacloban City. There are ships also that travels from Calbayog City to Cebu City. The town has no airport, but is accessible via nearby Catarman National Airport and Calbayog Airport.
- ^ "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- ^ a b "Province: Northern Samar". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- ^ a b "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 March 2013. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- ^ Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- ^ Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- ^ Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- ^ "Province of Northern Samar". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.