Lophocampa hyalinipuncta is a moth in the family Erebidae. It was described by Rothschild in 1909. It is found in Ecuador (Morona-Santiago, Carchi), Peru (Huanuco, Puno, Amazonas) and Bolivia (La Paz, Cochabamba, Chuquisaca).
Frons white mixed with black hairs and with a chevron-shaped black mark; vertex greyish black; thorax black, splashed and mixed with creamy white, inner side of patagia orange-buff; abdomen orange-buff above, densely clothed with sooty hairs, last segment sooty grey. Fore wing sooty black, densely irrorated with creamy white, a number of basal patches, costal patches, and a transverse row of submarginal patches creamy white; disc of wing occupied by four irregular transverse bands of large hyaline patches. Hind wing hyaline white, yellowish at base.
Length of fore wing 23–27 mm.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lophocampa hyalinipuncta.|
|Wikispecies has information related to Lophocampa hyalinipuncta|
- Vincent, B. & M. Laguerre, 2013: Four new Neotropical Lophocampa species with a redescription of Lophocampa atriceps (Hampson) (Lepidoptera, Erebidae, Arctiinae). Zookeys 264: 47-69. Abstract and full article: doi:10.3897/zookeys.264.4166
- Novitates Zoologicae v.17 (1910)
- The Annals and magazine of natural history....8th ser. v.4 (1909) This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- Lophocampa hyalinipuncta at funet
- Beccaloni, G.; Scoble, M.; Kitching, I.; Simonsen, T.; Robinson, G.; Pitkin, B.; Hine, A.; Lyal, C., eds. (2003). "Lophocampa hyalinipuncta". The Global Lepidoptera Names Index. Natural History Museum. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Lophocampa hyalinipuncta at BOLD Systems
- Lophocampa hyalinipuncta at EOL
|This Phaegopterina-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|