Canal through Polsbroek
Location in Utrecht
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Renate Westerlaken-Loos (CDA)|
|• Total||78.98 km2 (30.49 sq mi)|
|• Land||75.75 km2 (29.25 sq mi)|
|• Water||3.23 km2 (1.25 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||185/km2 (480/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Area code||0182, 030, 0348|
In the Netherlands, 'Lopik' is often used as a reference to the broadcasting facilities located in the eastern part of the municipality and in neighbouring IJsselstein. These include the Gerbrandy Tower, a structure that could be considered the tallest tower in Western Europe and during Christmas time the world's largest Christmas tree.
The municipality of Lopik consists of the following cities, towns, villages and/or districts: Benschop, Cabauw, Jaarsveld, Lopik, Lopikerkapel, Polsbroek, Polsbroekerdam, Uitweg, Willige Langerak, Zevender.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Lopik, June 2015
- Ton Strien (born 1958), politician
- "Burgemeester en Wethouders" [Mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Lopik. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 3411CH". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
||Vlist (ZH)||Oudewater, Montfoort||IJsselstein|
|This Utrecht location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|