|Occupation||author, editor in chief, cultural critic and professor|
|Period||late 20th/early 21st century|
|Genre||books, essays, magazine articles|
|Literary movement||feminism and LGBT rights movement|
|Notable works||Bi Any Other Name|
Loraine Hutchins is an American bisexual and feminist author, activist, and sex educator. Hutchins rose to prominence as co-editor (with Lani Ka'ahumanu) of Bi Any Other Name, an anthology that is one of the seminal books in the bisexual rights movement. Hutchins contributed the pieces "Letting Go: An Interview with John Horne" and "Love That Kink" to that anthology.
She is a graduate of The Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality's Sexological Bodyworkers Certification Training program. She currently teaches Intro to Women's Studies, Intro to LGBT Studies, Women's Health, and Health Issues in Sexuality at two different campuses in the Washington, DC area.
In June 2006 Hutchins delivered the keynote address at the Ninth International Conference On Bisexuality, Gender And Sexual Diversity (9ICB).
- Bi Any Other Name: Bisexual People Speak Out co-edited with Lani Ka'ahumanu
- Sexuality Religion and the Sacred: Bisexual Pansexual and Polysexual co-edited with Professor Herukhuti
- "About Loraine Hutchins". Archived from the original on February 12, 2012.
- "About Loraine Hutchins Profile".
- Bisexual Movements Archived August 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine glbtq.com.
- "A Brief History of the Bisexual Movement by Liz A. Highleyman". Archived from the original on September 26, 2007.
- "b i · a n y · o t h e r · n a m e".
- ""A Slippery Slice of The Rainbow," Xtra".
- "Rainbow History Project". Archived from the original on February 15, 2014.
- "Rainbow History Project Loraine Hutchins Bio". Archived from the original on July 18, 2011. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
|This biography of an activist for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender rights is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This human rights-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|