Lord Don't Slow Me Down (song)
|"Lord Don't Slow Me Down"|
|Single by Oasis|
|B-side||"The Meaning of Soul" (live), "Don't Look Back in Anger" (live)|
|Released||21 October 2007|
|Oasis singles chronology|
"Lord Don't Slow Me Down" is a song by British rock band Oasis. The song was released as a download-only single on 21 October 2007 and was also released on a limited edition 12-inch single in promotion of the release of Oasis' rockumentary of the same name, Lord Don't Slow Me Down. On 29 October, the song debuted at number ten in the UK Singles Chart, becoming Oasis' 21st UK top 10. It is also their 21st top ten single in a row. It is also the first single by Oasis not to reach the top 4 since 1994's "Cigarettes & Alcohol". The song impacted US radio on October 30, 2007.
This was Oasis first stand alone non album single since Whatever in 1994.
In October 2006 the first part of the song was used in a preview of the band's movie. Written and sung by Noel Gallagher and recorded during the Don't Believe the Truth sessions, Gallagher described it as being "one of the best things, like The Who, The Yardbirds and the Jeff Beck Group combined, and it's got two drum solos on it!". The entire song leaked into the internet just a few days before the video was uploaded on YouTube and the song was played on the radio, on 1 October. The song was a probable track to be included on the band's 2005 album, Don't Believe the Truth, but was removed from the final track list by Noel Gallagher, as he thought he sang on too many songs on the record.[original research?] In May 2008 an unreleased studio version with Liam Gallagher on lead vocals was leaked over internet fansites.
This song is included on Dig Out Your Soul bonus CD.
The song has been very well received by critics and fans. Commenting on the song, Noel said "You know there's a DVD coming out for Christmas... somewhat predictably. The title track was so brilliant that the powers that be said 'let's just put it out'." It debuted at number 10 on the UK Singles Chart, fell 21 places to number 31 in the second week and left the chart the week after. It became Oasis' lowest charting song since 1994's "Live Forever" (which also peaked at number 10), a factor likely aided by the lack of significant publicity, a tangible release, and corresponding album.
- "Lord Don't Slow Me Down" - 3:17
- "The Meaning of Soul" (Live at City of Manchester Stadium '05) - 2:32
- "Don't Look Back in Anger" (Live at City of Manchester Stadium '05) - 5:38
- "Lord Don't Slow Me Down - Track Release". 24 September 2007. Archived from the original on 11 October 2007. Retrieved 24 September 2007.
- "Oasis releasing brand new single 'Lord Don't Slow Me Down'". NME. 24 September 2007. Retrieved 2 October 2007.
- "The Official UK Top 75 Singles: Week of Mon 29 Oct". Yahoo!. 28 October 2007. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "AllAccess.com Alternative eWeekly". AllAccess. October 23, 2007. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Noel Gallagher: 'Somewhat predictably our new single is brilliant'". NME. 24 September 2007. Retrieved 2 October 2007.