Lord Frederick Windsor
|Lord Frederick Windsor|
Frederick Michael George David Louis Windsor|
6 April 1979
St Mary's Hospital, London, England
Magdalen College, Oxford
Sophie Winkleman (m. 2009)
Prince Michael of Kent|
Baroness Marie Christine von Reibnitz
Lord Frederick Windsor (Frederick Michael George David Louis; born 6 April 1979), also nicknamed Freddie Windsor, is a British financial analyst, and the only son of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. He is currently 48th in line to the succession of the British throne. He is President of the charity Soldier On!, which invites socially isolated people to participate in archaeology and heritage projects as well as career development workshops.
Early life and education
Windsor was born on 6 April 1979 at St Mary's Hospital, London. He is a first cousin once removed of Queen Elizabeth II and a first cousin twice removed of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. He is 48th in the line of succession to the British throne. Lord Frederick and his sister, Lady Gabriella, were brought up in the Church of England.
He was educated at Wetherby School, Sunningdale School, Eton College, and Magdalen College, Oxford, where he gained a 2:1 in Classics. He has also been a trainee at a bank and has worked as a fashion model for a campaign by Burberry and for the designer Tomasz Starzewski. He is now a banker and Vice President at JP Morgan.
A sometime music journalist (notably for Tatler magazine), he planned to become a solicitor working in entertainment law. In September 2006, according to The Times, Lord Frederick works as a Chartered Financial Analyst at the investment bank JPMorgan in London.
On St Valentine's Day (14 February) 2009, Lord Frederick became engaged to actress Sophie Winkleman. The Queen consented to the marriage, as required under the Royal Marriages Act 1772, and they were married at Hampton Court on 12 September 2009.
The couple's first child, Maud Elizabeth Daphne Marina, was born at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center on 15 August 2013 in Los Angeles. She was baptised at St James's Palace in December 2013 and has Princess Eugenie of York amongst her godparents. Maud attends Thomas's Preparatory School, Battersea.
On 20 January 2016, it was announced Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor had become parents to a girl, Isabella Alexandra May, born on 16 January 2016 at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London. She was christened at Kensington Palace in June 2016 with Jamie Oliver, a close friend of her mother, serving as one of the godparents.
In September 2016, it was announced that Lord Frederick had become President of the employment education charity, Soldier On!.
- Hechinger, Paul. "10 Lesser-Known Members of the British Royal Family". BBC America. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- "Prufrock: TV show becomes reality for Vodafone". The Times. Archived from the original on 8 March 2007. Retrieved 3 September 2006.
- "Freddie Windsor to marry actress". BBC News. 15 February 2009.
- "Privy Council Orders for 10 June 2009". Privy Council.[permanent dead link]
- "Royal wedding: Lord Frederick Windsor marries Sophie Winkleman". The Daily Telegraph. London. 12 September 2009. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- Dixon, Hayley (16 August 2013). "Prince and Princess Michael of Kent welcome first grandchild". The Telegraph. London. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Meet Britain's newest royal baby: Maud Windsor". © Copyright Bauer Media Pty Ltd All Rights Reserved - 3 September, 2013. Retrieved 16 September 2017.
Sophie (Lady Frederick Windsor) also spoke about her plans to introduce Maud to William and Kate's new son Prince George, who is her third cousin once removed.
- Jones, Tony. "New royal cousin for George and Charlotte". January 22, 2016 - News Limited Copyright © 2017. Retrieved 16 September 2017.
which makes baby Isabella a third cousin (once removed) to William and Kate's children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte
- Hallemann, Caroline. "Prince George's Little Cousin Is Also a Student at Thomas's Battersea". ©2017 Hearst Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved - September 8, 2017. Retrieved 16 September 2017.
- "Isabella Windsor christened at Kensington Palace in the same gown worn by Princess Charlotte". Hello Magazine. 5 July 2016. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- Martin, Mike (21 February 2017). "GOWR HOUSE DINNER In the presence of ComR PRINCE MICHAEL of KENT and his son, LORD FREDERICK WINDSOR". GOWR.co.uk.
Lord Frederick WindsorBorn: 6 April 1979
|Lines of succession|
Prince Michael of Kent
| Line of succession to the British throne
grandson of George, son of George V