Rodney Leach, Baron Leach of Fairford
Early life and education
Business and political career
Leach served as chairman of Open Europe, an influential think-tank  based in London and Brussels and with a partner organisation in Berlin. calling for fundamental reform of the European Union. He spoke in the House of Lords against what he called 'alarmism' over climate change.
Leach was the chairman of the No2AV campaign, which opposed a change in the British electoral system away from first-past-the-post voting during the United Kingdom Alternative Vote referendum, 2011.
Leach was married twice. His first marriage was to Felicity Ballantyne in 1963, with the couple divorcing in 1989. His second marriage was to Jessica Violet Gwynne in 1993.
Lord Leach had two sons and three daughters from his first marriage.
- Mr Rodney Leach (1934–2006)
- The Rt. Hon. The Lord Leach of Fairford (2006–2016)
- "Lord Leach of Fairford – obituary". The Telegraph. 13 June 2016.
- "Person Page - 19834". Darryl Lundy. ThePeerage.com. 24 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-24.
- "No. 58006". The London Gazette. 9 June 2006. p. 7933.
- Open Europe, About us, Board Open Europe
- The Lords Hansard, 13 May 2009 : Column 1056 and following - The Climate Change Act 2008 (2020 Target, Credit Limit and Definitions) Order 2009 - Hansard