Lorelei Lee (actress)
March 2, 1981 |
Upstate New York
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||57 kg (126 lb; 9.0 st)|
|No. of adult films||235 (per IAFD)|
She graduated from San Francisco State University in 2008, and later pursued a master's degree in creative writing at New York University. She has been awarded a National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts "youngARTS Scholarship". She is best known for her performances as a fetish and bondage model, particularly on the pornographic site Kink.com, where she has also worked as a director.
In 2006, she wrote the centerfold text for the Sara Thrustra's Ten Pictures and Two Pin-Ups calendar. Along with fellow Kink model and director Princess Donna, Lee was the subject of Brian Lilla's 2007 independent film A Tale of Two Bondage Models, which appeared at the 2008 Tribeca Film Festival. In 2008, she appeared in the documentary 9to5 – Days in Porn and also toured nationally as part of the "Sex Workers' Art Show" with other prominent members of the kink and sex-positivity community. In 2009, Lee appeared in Graphic Sexual Horror, a documentary about Insex, a now-defunct bondage website.
Later that year, she was the subject and lead actress of the short movie Lorelei Lee, which was directed by Simon Grudzen and Jesse Kerman and shown at the Big Sky Documentary Film Festival; the film received multiple awards at the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival, including Best Directing, Best Original Score and Best Use of Social Issue/Political Genre. In 2010, Lee published an essay, "I'm Leaving You" in Off the Set: Porn Stars and Their Partners, a book of documentary photography by Paul Sarkis that explores the off-screen romantic relationships of ten couples who perform in porn, and which features photos of Lorelei with her partner at the time.
In May 2011, Variety announced the production of About Cherry, an independent movie written by Lee alongside Stephen Elliott, directed by the same Elliott and starring James Franco, Heather Graham and Lili Taylor. The film premiered at the 2012 Berlin International Film Festival.
In 2012 Lee, along with adult performers Isis Love and Princess Donna, was the subject of a documentary film about the website Kink.com, Public Sex, Private Lives, which was, in part, funded by donations made to Kickstarter.
Involvement in Milk Nymphos trial
Lee starred in John Stagliano's enema-focused film Milk Nymphos, which in 2008 became the subject of a federal grand jury obscenity trial. The case reached federal court in Washington, D.C., and, on July 16, 2010, Lee was expected to testify as a witness on behalf of the defense. Citing concerns of personal safety, Lee requested to testify under her stage name; the prosecution objected, arguing that allowing her to do so "gives some air of legitimacy to the porn star" (which Lee later called "incredibly insulting") and that "she shouldn't be treated any differently than anyone else in this case". The case was ultimately dismissed on July 16, 2010, before Lee was scheduled to testify.
Awards and nominations
|2008||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene, Video (with Sarah Jane, Brandon Iron & Jake Malone)||Fuck Slaves 2|
|Nominated||Best POV Sex Scene (with Annette Schwarz)||Nice Fucking View|
|Nominated||Best Threeway Sex Scene (with Missy Monroe & Marco Banderas)||Top Guns 6|
|2011||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Couples Sex Scene (with India Summer)||An Open Invitation: A Real Swinger's Party in San Francisco|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene (with India Summer, James Deen & Mickey Mod)|
|Nominated||Best Supporting Actress|
|2013||AVN Award||Nominated||Crossover Star of the Year||N/A|
|2015||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Director – Parody||Barbarella: A Kinky Parody|
|Nominated||Best Screenplay – Parody|
|Nominated||Most Outrageous Sex Scene (with Dylan Ryan)|
|Nominated||Best Web Director||N/A|
|FSC Award||Won||Woman of the Year||N/A|
- Lorelei Lee at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Big Jonny (February 2, 2007). "Lorelei Lee". Drunk Cyclist. Retrieved June 12, 2013.
- Kerry Burke & Rich Schapiro (October 12, 2009). "Meet Lorelei Lee, queen of porn and NYU master's degree student (fine arts, of course)". New York Daily News. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- Molly Freedenberg (November 26, 2008). "I want to be a porn star when I grow up: Meet Lorelei Lee". San Francisco Bay Guardian.
- Chris Nieratko (January 2008). "Sleaze: Interviews – Lorelei Lee". Bizarre Magazine. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- "Inside Lorelei Lee". XRentDvd. March 3, 2007. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "Graphic Sexual Horror Documentary | Characters". Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- Malia Schlaefer (May 12, 2009). "Art of Restraint feat. Lorelei Lee, Fivestar, & surprise celebrity guest". Femina Potens. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- ""Cherry": Lorelei Lee writes about porn for a bigger screen". Gram Ponante. August 9, 2011.
- Kimberly Chun (February 7, 2007). "Splendor in the ass". San Francisco Bay Guardian. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- "Tribeca Film Festival Catalog", 2008.
- Tristan Taormino (April 24, 2008). "The Princess and the Submissive". OC Weekly. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- "9 to 5: Days in Porn" (in German). Filmkritik. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- Oscar Pascual (January 21, 2008). "Concert Review: Sex Workers' Art Show at Victoria Theatre; "Anal Beads Made of Money"". SF Weekly. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- Amanda Hess (February 15, 2008). "The Money Shot – Onstage, sex workers exploit you.". Washington City Paper. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- "Graphic Sexual Horror | Characters". Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- Bryan Byun (August 20, 2010). "Graphic Sexual Horror: Special Edition". DVD Verdict Review. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- "Big Sky Documentary Film Festival 2010: Lorelei Lee". BigSky. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- "2009 Doc Challenge Jury Winners Announced". Doc Challenge. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- "Off the Set: Porn Stars and Their Partners". Sundance Channel. February 16, 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2011.
- Jeff Sneider (May 18, 2011). "Franco, Graham, Patel board indie 'Cherry'". Variety. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- Peter Warren (May 19, 2011). "Lorelei Lee: The Next Diablo Cody?". AVN. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- Bob Minzesheimer (February 27, 2012). "You've got (real) mail: Letters from writers". Usa Today. Retrieved June 4, 2012.
- "Top 10 Smartest Porn Stars". Hustler Magazine. November 5, 2011. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- "Public Sex, Private Lives - The New Documentary That Will Challenge Everything You Know About Porn". Intent Blog. May 2, 2013. Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- "Documentary on Kink.com Stars Seeks Kickstarter Crowdfunding". XBIZ Newswire. March 29, 2012. Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- Eric K Arnold (June 9, 2013). "Interview with a Porn Star: Lorelei Lee on sex, gender, and "Public Sex, Private Lives."". Oakland Local. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- Obscenity indictment, xbix.com; accessed November 3, 2015.
- Steve Javors (2008-04-09). "John Stagliano, Evil Angel Charged With 7 Obscenity Violations". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- John Stagliano, Evil Angel Indicted On Federal Obscenity Charges Adult Video News, posted April 8, 2008
- Kevin Poulsen (2008-04-10). "Feds Charge Porn Producer With Selling Adult Content to Adults". Wired News. Retrieved July 17, 2010.
- Hess, Amanda. "Porn Star Lorelei Lee to Testify in Buttman Trial". Washington City Paper. Retrieved January 6, 2012.
- "Buttman Trial: Should Porn Star Testify Under Her Real Name?". Washington City Paper.
- Mark Kernes (2010-07-16). "All Charges Dismissed Against Stagliano and Companies". business.avn.com. Retrieved July 17, 2010.
- Tracy Clark-Flory (2010-07-19). "Porn star Lorelei Lee talks obscenity". Retrieved January 6, 2012.
- "The 2008 AVN Awards Nominations" (PDF). AVN Awards. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- "Nominations for the 2011 AVN Awards" (PDF). AVN Awards. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- "2013 Nominations" (PDF). AVN Awards. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- "2015 AVN Award Nominees". AVN Awards. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- Lila Gray (2015-01-09). "2015 FSC Award Recipients Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lorelei Lee.|
- Lorelei Lee on Twitter
- Lorelei Lee at the Internet Movie Database
- Lorelei Lee at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Lorelei Lee at the Adult Film Database