|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
Gale at Gatecon, July 30, 2005
May 9, 1958|
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Died||June 21, 2009
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cause of death
|Other names||Lorena Gayle
|Occupation||Actress, playwright, theatre director|
(1988–2009; her death)
Lorena Gale (May 9, 1958 – June 21, 2009) was a Canadian actress, playwright and theatre director. She was active onstage and in films and television since the 1980s. She also authored two award-winning plays, Angélique and Je me souviens.
She appeared in such movies as Another Cinderella Story, Ernest Goes to School, Fantastic Four, Traitor, The Chronicles of Riddick, The Mermaid Chair, and The Exorcism of Emily Rose. She has guest starred on programs such as The X-Files, Stargate SG-1, Smallville and Kingdom Hospital. Until August 2005, she starred as Priestess Elosha on the SciFi Channel television program Battlestar Galactica.
Her play, Angélique, the story of executed slave Marie-Joseph Angelique, was the winner of the 1995 duMaurier National Playwriting Competition in Canada. Gale's final film role was a librarian in Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins.
Gale died following a battle with throat cancer on June 21, 2009 at age fifty-one. Her body was cremated.
- "Lorena Gale (1958-2009)". Caprica-City.de. 2009-06-25. Retrieved 2009-06-25.
- Podcast conversation with Lorena Gale on Sci-Fi Talk (about 24 minutes in length; Gale talked about her recent roles)
- Lorena Gale, Angélique (1999)
- Lorena Gale at Find a Grave
- Lorena Gale at the Internet Movie Database
- Lorena Gale at TVGuide.com
- Lorena Gale article at Canadian Theatre Encyclopedia
|This article about a Canadian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|