Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Lorentz in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Lorentz is a surname and a given name.
Lorentz may also refer to:
Things named for Hendrik Lorentz
- Lorentz factor, Doppler effect
- Lorentz force, the force exerted on a charged particle in an electromagnetic field
- Lorentz transformation, the formula that provides the mathematical backbone for Einstein's theory of special relativity
- The Lorentz group, the group containing all Lorentz transformations
- Lorentz-Cauchy distribution, a distribution used in fitting peaks in a spectrum
- Lorentz surface, a two-dimensional oriented smooth manifold with a conformal equivalence class of Lorentzian metrics. It is the analogue of a Riemann surface in indefinite signature
- Lorentz curve (disambiguation), various meanings
- Lorentz scalar, a scalar which is invariant under a Lorentz transformation
- Lorentz Institute, Instituut-Lorentz in Dutch, was established in 1921 and is the oldest institute for theoretical physics in The Netherlands
- List of things named after Hendrik Antoon Lorentz
- Lorentz (crater), crater on the Moon
- Lorentz National Park, a national park in Indonesian New Guinea, named for Hendrikus Albertus Lorentz
- Lorentz River, located in Western New Guinea, Indonesia
- Lorentz, West Virginia
- Lorentz Medal, a prize awarded every four years by the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Lorentz space, in mathematics, a function space named after the American mathematician George G. Lorentz.
- Lorentz catfish, a species of fish in the family Ariidae, the only member of the genus Tetranesodon, endemic to West Papua in Indonesia
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lorentz.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.