Lorenza Francesca Izzo Parsons
September 19, 1989
(m. 2014; div. 2019)
Lorenza Francesca Izzo Parsons (born September 19, 1989) is a Chilean actress and model. She has appeared in films, including Aftershock (2012), The Green Inferno (2013), Knock, Knock (2015), and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019).
Izzo was born in Santiago, Chile, to Chilean model Rosita Parsons. She is of Italian descent on her father's side. She has a younger sister, Clara Lyons Parsons, who is a model as well. When she was twelve years old, she moved to Atlanta with her father, then working towards a Ph.D. at Georgia Institute of Technology. She was bullied over her strong Chilean accent as a child, but stated she "got over [her] accent pretty fast" after watching the 2002 sports film Blue Crush several times. Izzo recalls becoming "obsessed with [Blue Crush star] Kate Bosworth."
In 2007, Izzo was modeling and studying journalism at the University of the Andes (Universidad de los Andes) when she moved to New York City to study acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
In 2010, she made her debut as an actress in Instrucciones para mi funeral (Instructions for my Funeral), an independent film made by Sebastián Radic as a graduation project.
Izzo's modeling career reached its peak in 2011 when Izzo and her mother were invited to São Paulo Fashion Week where they met Gisele Bundchen. The meeting resulted in Izzo becoming the new face of Colcci, a Brazilian fashion company. The same year, Izzo appeared in Que pena tu boda (Sorry About Your Wedding) a comedy by Chilean director Nicolás López.
In 2012, with one commercial feature movie to her name and three more then-about to be released Que pena tu familia (What a Pity About Your Family), Aftershock, and The Green Inferno (directed by her then-future husband, now ex-husband, Eli Roth), Izzo moved to Los Angeles, when she soon secured small roles in Hemlock Grove and the failed television pilot I Am Victor.
On November 8, 2014, Izzo married American actor and director Eli Roth on the beach of Zapallar, Chile. The pair were introduced through mutual friend and director Nicolás López during production of 2013's The Green Inferno. López was unaware Izzo could speak English and she was originally to play a small role in the film. After Izzo revealed she could speak English fluently, Roth ended up casting her in the lead, where they "spent the whole shooting process together". She attributes the start of their relationship to "the randomness of the world". In July 2018, the couple filed for divorce, and settled their divorce in August 2019. Izzo publicly came out as pansexual in an online interview with actress Emily Hampshire.
|2011||Qué pena tu boda||Lucia Edwards|
|2012||Qué pena tu familia||Lucia Edwards|
|2013||The Green Inferno||Justine|
|2018||The House with a Clock in Its Walls||Mrs. Barnavelt|
|2019||Once Upon a Time in Hollywood||Francesca Capucci|
|2019||Where We Go from Here||Iris|
|2021||Women Is Losers||Celina|
|2013||Hemlock Grove||Brooke Bluebell||Guest role; 2 episodes|
|2013||I Am Victor||Lena Engles||Television film|
|2016||Feed the Beast||Pilar Herrera||Main role; 10 episodes|
|2017||Dimension 404||Val Hernandez / SpeedRun||Episode: "Impulse"|
|2018||Casual||Tathiana||Supporting role; 6 episodes|
|2020||Penny Dreadful: City of Angels||Santa Muerte||Supporting role; 8 episodes|
Awards and nominations
|2011||Copihue de Oro||TV model||Herself||Nominated|
|2014||BloodGuts UK Horror||Best actress||The Green Inferno||Nominated|
- Figueroa, Nicolás (October 10, 2016). "Rosita Parsons y éxito de su hija Lorenza Izzo: "Es la única chilena que ha logrado eso a esta edad"". Teletrece (in Spanish). Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- Nordstrom, Leigh (June 2, 2016). "Meet Lorenza Izzo of AMC's 'Feed the Beast'". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- "Clara Lyon, la hija de Rosita Parsons que sigue sus pasos en el modelaje". MSN. March 29, 2018. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- Collinson, Gary (April 10, 2017). "Bond screenwriters adapting Jo Nesbo's I Am Victor for director Baltasar Kormakur". Flickering Myth. Retrieved September 24, 2018.
- Plant, Isabel (May 11, 2014). "Keanu Reeves termina la filmación de su película Knock Knock en Chile". La Tercera. Retrieved September 24, 2018.
- Corriston, Michele (November 10, 2014). "Eli Roth Marries Lorenza Izzo". People. Retrieved May 24, 2018.
- McLevy, Alex (October 9, 2015). "Eli Roth and Lorenza Izzo talk Knock Knock, The Green Inferno, and PC filmmaking". The A.V. Club. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- "Eli Roth Settles Divorce, Walks Away Relatively Unscathed". The Blast. August 20, 2019. Retrieved October 5, 2019.