This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, television personality|
|Parent(s)||Francesco Marco Luigi Costanzo Borghese and Amanda Leigh|
Lorenzo Borghese (Italian: Don Lorenzo dei Principi Borghes; born June 9, 1972) is an Italian-American businessman, television personality, and member of the Borghese family. Besides being a cosmetics entrepreneur and animal advocate, Borghese was a bachelor on the ninth season of ABC's The Bachelor.
He is the son of Prince Francesco Marco Luigi Costanzo Borghese (born 1938) and his American wife, Amanda Leigh, daughter of Douglas Leigh. Borghese's paternal grandmother was Princess Marcella Borghese, who founded the Borghese cosmetics line in 1958.
Early life and education
Borghese was born on June 9, 1972, in Milan, Italy. Borghese's parents, Francesco and Amanda Borghese, have lived in Short Hills, New Jersey since 1979. He holds dual U.S./Italian citizenship. Raised in Short Hills, he attended elementary school there. He then graduated from Pomfret School in Pomfret, Connecticut, in 1991. In 1995, he graduated from Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida, where he was initiated into the Phi Delta Theta fraternity.
Business and philanthropy
Borghese resides in New York City. He initiated the Royal Treatment line of products, a bath, body and skin care line for pets, using organic ingredients and fragrance oils from Italy, which can be found in hundreds of stores nationwide and on the television station HSN. He is a managing partner in LB2, LLC, a private-label Italian cosmetics company that sells numerous brands to major department stores and direct retail outlets.
In the summer of 2009, Borghese announced he would be searching for his "princess" on a web reality show titled America's Next Princess. The show was to coincide with the launch of Royal Pet Club, an online shopping destination for his Royal Treatment pet products. However, when the show debuted online on August 17, 2009, the series was actually revealed to be a spoof of celebrities and reality TV shows.
Although he is often given the title of Prince, the title is actually his father's who is currently the 17th Prince of Sant'Angelo and San Polo. The proper address to him if he is successor to the title is 'nobile dei principi di.."
- "Why European Royalty and Aristocrats are flocking to New York". Archived from the original on 2015-05-09. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- The Bachelor Less Italian and Princey Than Originally Thought, Us Weekly, October 3, 2006. Accessed July 26, 2014.
- Pomfret School Archived October 5, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Fordham University Archived 2013-10-04 at the Wayback Machine[failed verification]
- Royal Pet Club - Our heritage
- "Marcella Borghese; Princess, 90, Began a Line of Cosmetics". The New York Times: 21. February 8, 2002.
- "Another Breakup for The Bachelor's Lorenzo Borghese". Buddytv.com. 2007-03-07. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
- "Organic Dog Shampoo | Natural Dog Shampoo | Pet Supplies for Dogs". Royalpetclub.com. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
- Prince Lorenzo Borghese Searches for his Princess on "America's Next Princess"
- "America's Next Top Dog - The Princess" Reveals Big Twist in New Web Series with a Cast Made up Entirely of Dogs
- "Julie Goodyear, Prince Lorenzo evicted from Celebrity Big Brother" (Sep 5, 2012) Digital Spy
- Italian Titles of Nobility in regalis.com/noble titles
Travis Lane Stork
| The Bachelor