Lorenzo Cesa (born 16 August 1951 in Arcinazzo Romano, Rome) is an Italian politician, and was elected to the Italian Chamber of Deputies in the 2006 General election representing the Union of Christian and Centre Democrats. He was elected on October 27, 2005 as new party leader, replacing resigning secretary Marco Follini.
Previously he was a Member of the European Parliament for the Southern region, a Vice-Chairman of the European People's Party and sat on the European Parliament's Committee on Budgetary Control and its Committee on Industry, Research and Energy. He was a substitute for the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, and a substitute for the Delegation to the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee.
- Graduate in political science from LUISS Guido Carli University, Rome
- Director of External Relations for Efimpianti Spa
- Member of the board of directors of leading companies and banks
- Marketing director of a communications company
- Former member of national party executive of Democrazia Cristiana
- Head of the political secretariat of the UDC
- Member of Rome City Council
|Party political offices|
|Secretary of UCD
2005 - present
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|