|Secretary of the Union of the Centre|
|Assumed office |
27 October 2005
|Preceded by||Marco Follini|
|Member of the European Parliament|
1 July 2014 – 2 July 2019
1 July 2004 – 27 April 2006
|Member of the Chamber of Deputies|
|Assumed office |
13 October 2022
28 April 2006 – 25 June 2014
|Born||16 August 1951|
Arcinazzo Romano, Italy
|Political party|| Italian|
Union of the Centre
European People's Party
Christian Democratic Centre
|Alma mater||Luiss Guido Carli|
Lorenzo Cesa (born 16 August 1951) is an Italian politician and the current Secretary of the Union of the Centre.
In the 2004 European Parliament election Cesa was elected MEP with 103,000 preference votes.
On 27 October 2005 he was elected Secretary of the UDC, succeeding Marco Follini.
In the 2006 general election he was elected to the Chamber of Deputies, so he resigned as MEP. He was also re-elected MP in the 2008 and 2013 elections.
In the 2014 European Parliament election he was again elected MEP, among the ranks of the New Centre-Right – UDC. In the general election of 2018 he was a candidate for the Chamber of Deputies, in the uninominal college of Nola (with the support of the centre-right coalition) and in the relative proportional list (Us with Italy – UDC), but he was not elected, so kept the office as an MEP.
Lorenzo Cesa proposed a Parliamentary Immunity to manage sex temptations allowing the Italian Parliament members wives to get money from the Italian State to go in the city where their husbands work.
On November 2010 Italian Authorities sequestered 1 million euro private goods from Lorenzo Cesa.
- Europee, i candidati promossi e quelli bocciati: i numeri dei signori delle preferenze
- L'ultima frontiera dei privilegi: un'indennità contro le tentazioni – Corriere della Sera, 31 luglio 2007
- Cesa accetta le dimissioni di Mele – Corriere della Sera, 30 luglio 2007
- Bertinotti reputa immorale la proposta di Cesa – Corriere della Sera, 31 luglio 2007
- "Cesa, il lato oscuro dell'Udc. Soldi e società: tutti i casini del segretario". Il Fatto Quotidiano. Retrieved 2018-08-21.