This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Subsidiary of Dahua Technology Co., Ltd.|
|Headquarters||250 Royal Crest Court, |
Markham, Ontario, Canada,
|Products||Security Cameras & Security Camera Systems|
Lorex Technology Inc., a is a Canadian owned and operated video surveillance company that distributes video security systems through retail and online channels. Headquartered in Markham, Ontario, Canada, Lorex manufactures security cameras and accessories for consumer and small business markets primarily in North America.
The company is headquartered in Markham, Ontario, Canada. In December 2012 it was acquired by FLIR Systems, Inc for $59 million CAD. In February 2018, it was sold by FLIR Systems to Dahua Technology.
Lorex Technology, Inc. was founded in 1991 and purchased by Strategic Vista International in 1996. A subsidiary of Lorex, Digimerge, was launched in 2003 to gain access to the commercial professional security marketplace. On December 20, 2012, FLIR Systems, Inc., an American provider of thermal imaging cameras and systems, successfully completed the acquisition of Lorex Technology Inc., which was rebranded as "Lorex by FLIR". On February 5, 2018 Lorex was acquired by Dahua Technology, Inc. and currently operates as a subsidiary of Dahua Technology, Inc.
Santa Clara Jail
The company received notable media coverage when their security cameras captured an inmate brawl at a jail in California. After county officials told Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith that installing additional security cameras would take over two years and $20 million, she went out-of-pocket and purchased a Lorex security camera system, and was able to have it installed the night prior to the disturbance at the jail.
Security Alarm System
- Publication Number: CA2274572 C
- Publication Type: Grant
- Publication Date: Oct 3, 2006
- Filing Date: Jun 7, 1999
- Inventors: Joel Kligman, Bernie Klein, Oded Zur
- Applicant: Strategic Vista International Inc., Joel Kligman, Bernie Klein, Oded Zur, Lorex Technology Inc.
Method and apparatus for two-way communications amongst a plurality of communications devices
- Publication Number: CA2349656 C
- Publication Type: Grant
- Publication Date: Sep 6, 2005
- Filing Date: Jun 4, 2001
- FLIR Acquires Retail Camera Provider; Announces 3rd-Quarter Results, www.securitysales.com, retrieved 2012-10-24
- FLIR acquires Lorex for $59M, posts Q3 sales drop, www.bizjournals.com, retrieved 2012-10-25
- LOREX Technology Inc. Agrees to Be Acquired by FLIR Systems, Inc. for Cdn $1.30 Per Share in Cash, www.marketwired.com, retrieved 2012-10-25
- FLIR buys Lorex; trims full-year outlook, optics.org, retrieved 2012-10-25
- Rodney Bosch (February 6, 2018). "FLIR Sells Lorex Business to Dahua for $29M; Exits DIY, SMB Markets". Retrieved December 28, 2018.
- FLIR Systems Acquires Lorex Technology And Digimerge Technologies, sourcesecurity.com, retrieved 2013-02-05
- Fed up with wait, Santa Clara sheriff buys jail cameras herself, www.mercurynews.com, retrieved 2016-02-03
- New cameras capture huge inmate brawl at California jail, www.cbsnews.com, retrieved 2016-03-04
- Santa Clara County Sheriff Uses Her Own Money To Buy Jail Cameras, cbslocal.com, retrieved 2016-03-02
- Fed up, sheriff puts 12 jail cameras on her American Express, www.santacruzsentinel.com, retrieved 2016-03-02
- Security Alarm System Patents, www.google.com/patents/, retrieved 2006-10-03
- Method and apparatus for two-way communications amongst a plurality of communications devices Patents, www.google.com/patents/, retrieved 2005-09-06