|Born||August 11, 1958|
|College||University of Florida|
|Former tour(s)||LPGA Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
|Best results in LPGA major championships|
|ANA Inspiration||5th: 1991|
|Women's PGA C'ship||T3: 1985|
|U.S. Women's Open||T3: 1984|
|du Maurier Classic||T10: 1985|
From South Bend, Indiana, Garbacz attended the University of Florida in Gainesville, where she played for coach Mimi Ryan's Florida Gators women's golf team in 1977 and 1978. The 1978 team was the runner-up at the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW) national championship tournament. Garbacz was recognized as a first-team All-American in 1978.
Garbacz turned professional in 1979, and played on the LPGA Tour until 1995. After taking much of the 1988 season off, her only win on the tour came the next year in 1989 at the Circle K LPGA Tucson Open. In major championships, she finished in third place twice: at the 1984 U.S. Women's Open and at the 1985 LPGA Championship.
Garbacz gained a measure of notoriety at the U.S. Women's Open in 1991 when she protested the slow play at the event, primarily due to inexperienced qualifiers. She asked her caddy to call Domino's Pizza from a payphone near the 14th hole and had a pizza delivered to the 17th tee, which she shared with her group and the one ahead, which was still waiting to play. Rounds took well over five hours.
Her career winnings as a professional golfer totaled $911,483.
LPGA Tour wins (1)
|1||Mar 19, 1989||Circle K LPGA Tucson Open||–11 (69-68-67-70=274)||4 strokes||Nancy Lopez|
LPGA Tour playoff record (0–2)
|1||1983||West Virginia LPGA Classic|| Debbie Massey
|Miller won with birdie on fourth extra hole|
Massey eliminated with birdie on third hole
|2||1985||Portland Ping Championship||Nancy Lopez||Lost to birdie on third extra hole|
- "Florida Lady Gators" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-02-07. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- Ward, Don (January 27, 1989). "Garbacz resumes LPGA career". Boca Raton News. Florida. p. 1C.
- "Garbacz claims LPGA crown". Ocala Star-Banner. Florida. March 20, 1989. p. 4C.
- "Garbacz wins LPGA tourney". Ellensburg Daily Record. Washington. UPI. March 20, 1989. p. 13.
- Garbacz, Lori (June 7, 1999). "My Shot". Sports Illustrated. p. G16.
- "Tee time for pizza". Pittsburgh Press. August 1, 1991. p. D2.