This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||December 9, 1969|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Other names||The Queen of QVC|
|Alma mater||Loyola University Chicago (B.A., Communications)|
|Occupation||Television personality, investor|
|Spouse(s)||Dan Greiner |
Lori Greiner (born December 9, 1969) is an American television personality, inventor and entrepreneur. She is known as an investor on the reality TV show Shark Tank and on its spin-off, Beyond the Tank. She has been known as the "Queen of QVC" since 2000, with her show Clever & Unique Creations. Greiner is the president and founder of the company, For Your Ease Only, Inc.
Greiner grew up on the Near North Side, Chicago. She majored in communications at Loyola University Chicago, and worked for the Chicago Tribune while in college. She was briefly a playwright and a jewelry designer and seller.
In 1996, Greiner created and patented a plastic earring organizer, which was picked up by J. C. Penney before the holiday season, paying off her $300,000 loan for it in eighteen months. Greiner has patented consumer products in other categories such as cosmetic organization, jewelry storage, travel, electronics, and household items, and is also involved in venture capital investing, product design consulting and television production.
Greiner started her own company after her J.C. Penney success, with her product appearing on Home Shopping Network and in the retail store, Bed, Bath and Beyond. Shortly thereafter, she transitioned to QVC and in 2000, landed her own show called Clever & Unique Creations, one of the longest running shows on the network.
In 2012, Greiner joined the US TV series, Shark Tank. In 2014, her investment in Scrub Daddy, a company that produces a texture changing household sponge, was noted as one of the biggest successes in Shark Tank history. On the July 30, 2014 episode of Clever & Unique Creations, Greiner sold more than 2 million sponges.
Among Greiner's other Shark Tank investments are Bantam Bagels (mini stuffed bagels, which was fully acquired by T. Marzetti Company in 2014), Squatty Potty, Readerest, Paint Brush Cover, Hold Your Haunches, Drop Stop, FiberFix, Simply Fit Board, Sleep Styler and Screenmend.
Lori is married to Dan Greiner.
- Joy Mangano, HSN inventor
- Narasaki, Rosie (February 20, 2015). "Who is Lori Greiner's husband?". Bustle.com. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Williams, David (September 22, 2012). "Lori Greiner, Shark Tank Star And Queen Of QVC, On A Great Asset: A Partner In Her Spouse". Forbes. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- Vulpo, Mike (February 11, 2018). "How Shark Tank's Lori Greiner Earned Her "Queen of QVC" Title". E News. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Bertagnoli, Lisa (September 26, 2009). "Neat trick: patenting her way to wealth". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved September 26, 2009.
- Kassar, Ami (October 12, 2012). ""The Queen of QVC Talks About the Risks of Dealing With Sharks"". NY Times. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- Collins, Karyn D. (April 2, 2010). "Lori Greiner marks a tidy 10 years on QVC". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- Hochwald, Lambeth (15 September 2017). "Lessons From the Shark Tank: Lori Greiner Shares Advice, Inspiration and a Season 9 Sneak Peek". Parade. Parade. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- Weisman, Aly (April 23, 2012). "A Grueling 22-Hour Workday In The Life Of A QVC Host & 'Shark Tank' Judge". Business Insider. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- Scinta, Jude (August 13, 2017). "Lori Greiner - A Consistent Rise to The Top". Advisor Magazine. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- Levitt, Shelley (17 October 2017). "How The Sleep Styler Survived the Shark Tank". Success.com. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "Lori Greiner". CNBC. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- Williams, David K (September 22, 2012). "Lori Greiner, Shark Tank Star And Queen Of QVC, On A Great Asset: A Partner In Her Spouse". Forbes. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- Walker, Jodi (December 5, 2014). "Where To Buy 'Shark Tank's Scrub Daddy So You Can Help It Remain the Series' Most Successful Product". Bustle.com. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- Morabito, Andrea (May 15, 2014). "Who profits the most from 'Shark Tank' success?". New York Post. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- Schultz, Clark (October 22, 2018). "Lancaster Colony scoops up Bantam Bagels". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved October 22, 2018.
- Van Allen, Fox (April 30, 2016). "The 18 best Shark Tank success stories". ZDNet.com. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
- Cassell, Warren Jr. "3 Takeaways From Lori Greiner's Invent It, Sell It, Bank It". Entrepreneur.com. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- Sraders, Anne (June 27, 2018). "What Is Lori Greiner's Net Worth?". The Street. Retrieved June 30, 2018.