This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Motion picture producer, computer scientist|
Lori McCreary (born in Antioch, California) is an American motion picture producer and computer scientist. She is CEO of the production company Revelations Entertainment, which she co-founded with actor Morgan Freeman.
McCreary's appreciation for the stage play Bopha! inspired her to go into motion picture production. Actor Morgan Freeman was signed to direct the film. Later, the pair partnered in the formation of Revelations Entertainment in 1996 with a mission to produce entertainment that reveals truth. As Revelations CEO, McCreary produced The Magic of Belle Isle, directed by Rob Reiner. Before that, she produced Invictus, directed by Clint Eastwood, with Freeman starring in the long-awaited portrayal of Nelson Mandela and co-starring Matt Damon.
She is currently Executive Producer of CBS's hit series Madam Secretary starring Téa Leoni. She is also Executive producer of The Story of God with Morgan Freeman, the highest-rated series in NatGeo's history, as well as the expansion series The Story of Us with Morgan Freeman. She was the Executive Producer of Discovery Science's Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman, Utilizing the latest work at NASA, the series explores how astrobiology, string theory, quantum mechanics and astrophysics are pushing the boundaries of our understanding of the universe.
McCreary's additional producer credits include Mimi Leder's Thick as Thieves with Antonio Banderas and The Maiden Heist starring Christopher Walken, William H. Macy, Marcia Gay Harden and Morgan Freeman. Revelations also co-produced Along Came a Spider for Paramount Pictures.
In July 2005, Revelations Entertainment teamed with Intel to form a new digital entertainment company, ClickStar. ClickStar officially launched their site on December 15, 2006, where it was the first website to legally make a movie (Revelation's 10 Items or Less) available for download while it was still in theaters.
McCreary sits on the Board of the Producers Guild of America (PGA) and as of June 2014, was elected along with Gary Lucchesi. McCreary still holds this post. She is the Founder of the PGA's Motion Picture Technology Committee and sits on the Producers Council of the PGA and on the Technology Committee of the American Society of Cinematographers. She is also a member of The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) and The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE). In addition, she was profiled by The Hollywood Reporter in its 100 Most Powerful Women in Hollywood issue.
- Madam Secretary (CBS TV Series 2014–present) Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4
- The Story of Us with Morgan Freeman
- The Story of God with Morgan Freeman
- The C Word (2016 film)
- Curiosity: Season 1, Episode 5 - Is There a Parallel Universe? (4 Sep. 2011)
- Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman (Discovery Science Channel TV Series 2010-2015) Seasons 1 to Season 6
- 2012 Image Control Assessment Series (2012)
- Stem Cell Universe with Stephen Hawking (2014) (TV)
- "Man vs. the Universe" (2014)
- 5 Flights Up (2014)
- The Magic of Belle Isle (2012) (completed) (producer)
- Invictus (2009) (completed) (producer)
- The Maiden Heist (2008) (completed) (producer)
- Thick as Thieves (2008) (completed) (producer)
- Feast of Love (2007) (completed) (executive producer)
- The Contract (2006)
- Levity (2003) (executive producer)
- 10 Items or Less (2006) (producer)
- Along Came a Spider (2001) (company credit)
- Under Suspicion (2000) (producer) (credited as Lori Mccreary)
- Mutiny (1999) (TV) (executive producer)
- Bopha! (1993) (co-producer)
- "Antioch native Lori McCreary brings 'The Story of Us' to TV". The Mercury News. 2017-10-06. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- Longwell, Todd (2017-12-07). "Morgan Freeman's Biggest Revelation: He Could Shape His Own Destiny". Variety. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- Longwell, Todd (2017-12-07). "Lori McCreary Learned How to Pivot Early. Then She Met Morgan Freeman". Variety. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- Hipes, Patrick (2017-09-28). "CBS' 'Madam Secretary' Lands Multi-Platform Deals At Netflix, WE Tv". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- Ahrens, Frank (2006-11-29). "A Start-Up Fueled by Star Power". ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- "Kate McKinnon - The Hollywood Reporter's 2017 Women in Entertainment Power 100". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-12-19.