Lorient South Brittany Airport
|Lorient South Brittany Airport
Aéroport de Lorient Bretagne Sud
|Airport type||Joint Mil-Civ airfield|
|Operator||Morbihan Chamber of Commerce and Industry; Fleet Air Arm|
|Elevation AMSL||160 ft / 49 m|
The Brittany region within France
Lorient South Brittany Airport or Aéroport de Lorient Bretagne Sud (IATA: LRT, ICAO: LFRH), also known as Lorient-Lann-Bihoué Airport, is the airport serving the city of Lorient. It is situated 5 km west-northwest of Lorient, a commune of the Morbihan département in the Brittany region of France.
Airlines and destinations
operated by HOP!
|Ryanair||Seasonal: London-Stansted (begins 1 July 2017), Porto|
|Sun Air of Scandinavia||Seasonal charter: Montpellier|
It is also known as Lann Bihoue Naval Air Base (Base Aéronavale de Lann Bihoué) and is one of the French Naval Aviation bases, currently hosting:
- Two combat squadrons (flottilles) (11F, 17F) equipped with Dassault Rafale M aircraft, suitable to fly naval and land combat and recce missions and nuclear deterrence missions
- One interception squadron (12F) equipped with Dassault Rafale M aircraft, assuring air superiority
- One airborne radar squadron (4F) equipped with Grumman E-2C Hawkeye aircraft, to secure the skies over the fleet and to control air-traffic
- One training/mission preparation unit
These units also form the airwing which is assigned to the aircraft carrier "Charles de Gaulle".
- LFRH – LORIENT LANN BIHOUÉ. AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 27 April 2017.
- Lorient South Brittany Airport (official site)
- Base Aeronavale Lann Bihoue
- Lorient South Brittany Airport (official site) (English)
- Aéroport de Lorient-Bretagne Sud (Union des Aéroports Français) (French)
- Airport information for LFRH at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Accident history for Lorient-Lann Bihoué Airport (LRT) at Aviation Safety Network
|This French airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|