Lorne Campbell (art historian)
Ian Lorne Campbell (born 1946) is a Scottish art historian and curator. Campbell was Beaumont Senior Research Curator at the National Gallery, London from 1996 to 2012, and from 1974 to 1996 lectured on the Northern Renaissance at the Courtauld Institute of Art, University of London. He has curated major exhibitions at the National Gallery and other museums, including ones on Rogier van der Weyden at Leuven in 2009 and the Prado in 2015.
Campbell was born in Stirling in 1946. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Edinburgh and Ph.D from University of London in 1973. Between 1970 and 1971 he taught at the University of Manchester and later at the University of Cambridge.  In 2016, KU Leuven awarded him an honorary doctorate of the Faculty of Arts. 
He is the author of a number of books on fourteenth, fifteenth and sixteenth-century art, and a leading expert on Early Netherlandish painting, and his contributions to research and knowledge on the period are on a par with the works of Max Jakob Friedländer and Erwin Panofsky. His 1998 catalogue The Fifteenth Century Netherlandish Paintings has been described as "standard-setting". He has published articles with the journals The Burlington Magazine and The Connoisseur, amongst others.
He lives in London and in 2014 published his book, The Sixteenth Century Netherlandish Paintings with French Paintings before 1600, a catalogue analysing 85 works in the collection of the National Gallery, London. On 20 October 2016 Campbell was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of the Faculty of Arts by the University of Leuven in recognition of his work on fifteenth- and sixteenth-century Netherlandish art.
- The Sixteenth Century Netherlandish Paintings, with French Paintings Before 1600. London: National Gallery, 2014. ISBN 978-1-85709-370-4
- Renaissance Faces: Van Eyck to Titian, (with Miguel Falomir, Jennifer Fletcher, Luke Syson). London: National Gallery, 2011. ISBN 978-1-85709-407-7
- Rogier van der Weyden: 1400–1464. Master of Passions, (with Jan Van der Stock), Leuven: Davidsfonds, 2009. ISBN 978-90-8526-105-6.
- Van Der Weyden. London: Chaucer Press, 2004. ISBN 978-1-904449-24-9
- Art in the Making: Underdrawings in Renaissance Paintings (with Rachel Billinge). London: National Gallery, 2002. ISBN 978-0-300-09225-7
- The Fifteenth Century Netherlandish Paintings. National Gallery, 1998. ISBN 978-0-300-07701-8
- Renaissance Portraits: European Portrait-Painting in the 14th, 15th and 16th Centuries, Yale University Press, 1990. ISBN 978-0-300-04675-5
- Early Flemish Pictures in the Collection of the Queen (The Pictures in the Collection of Her Majesty the Queen). Cambridge University Press, 1985. ISBN 978-0-521-26523-2
- Hugo van der Goes and the Trinity Panels in Edinburgh (with Colin Thompson). Edinburgh: National Gallery of Scotland, 1974. ISBN 978-0-903148-02-3
- "Laudatio for Professor Lorne Campbell", Delivered in Leuven on 20 October 2016 by Professor Jan Van der Stock, promotor doctor honoris causa
- "Interview met kunsthistoricus Lorne Campbell", 2016
- Campbell, Lorne. Van der Weyden. London: Chaucer Press, 2004. ISBN 1-904449-24-7
- "KU Leuven awarded an honorary doctorate to Lorne Campbell". Illuminare. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "Conference in Honour of Lorne Campbell on his 65th Birthday Archived 2 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine". Courtauld Institute of Art, December 2011. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- "(Ian) Lorne Campbell. National Portrait Gallery (London). Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- Savage, Michael. "Sixteenth Century Netherlandish Paintings in the National Gallery". Grumpy Art Historian, 27 July 2014. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Eredoctoraat uitgereikt aan wereldvermaard kunsthistoricus Lorne Campbell". KU Leuven. Archived from the original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 26 October 2016.