|Born||Lorraine Broussard Nicholson
April 16, 1990
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||Brown University|
Lorraine Broussard Nicholson (born April 16, 1990) is an American actress. Besides being known for being the daughter of Jack Nicholson, she is known for playing Alana Blanchard in the biographical film Soul Surfer (2011).
Nicholson was born in Los Angeles to actor Jack Nicholson and actress Rebecca Broussard. She was named after her father’s aunt. She has a younger brother, Raymond, as well as three older half-siblings through her father; two half-sisters, Jennifer Nicholson and Honey Hollman, and a half-brother, Caleb Goddard. She was three years old when her parents separated. In 2008, she graduated from Brentwood School in Brentwood, California.
Nicholson's first on-screen appearance was as an extra, at the age of 13, in her father's movie Something's Gotta Give. In 2008, she provided the voice of Katie in animated film Fly Me to the Moon.
In 2011, she wrote, produced and directed a 15-minute coming-of-age drama titled The Instant Message.
After mostly minor roles as a child actor, Nicholson landed her first major role in Soul Surfer, playing Bethany Hamilton's best friend Alana Blanchard, who was there to help her after a shark attack took her left arm. As Blanchard was a competitive surfer, Nicholson had to take a crash course in wave riding.
In May 2012, she graduated from Brown University with a degree in Literary Arts, intending on being a screenwriter. In a 2011 interview, Nicholson stated, "I love to act and I also hope to one day write and direct and create my own projects. I feel that in the film industry, especially as a woman, it's really important to make your own luck – and create projects to give other people really strong opportunities as well as yourself."
|2003||Something's Gotta Give||Young Girl in Market|
|2004||Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, TheThe Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement||Princess Lorraine|
|2006||Click||Samantha Newman (at 14 years old)|
|2008||Fly Me to the Moon||Katie||Voice role|
|2009||World's Greatest Dad||Heather|
|2011||Soul Surfer||Alana Blanchard|
|2012||Cottage, TheThe Cottage||Vanessa|
|2014||The Pimp and the Rose||Short film|
|2015||Endings, Inc.||Nikki Wheaton||Short film|
- Collins, Nancy. "Wolf, Man, Jack". Vanity Fair. Condé Nast. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- "Lorraine Nicholson Bio".
- Berk, Bethany Hamilton with Sheryl; Bundschuh, Rick (2004). Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the Board (Trade pbk. ed.). New York: MTV Pocket. ISBN 978-1416503460.
- Beth Anne, Heesen. "2 Nicholson kids and city-born actress shoot local film". Reading Eagle Company.
- Carter, Nicole. "Jack Nicholson's daughter, Lorraine, set to make splash in Bethany Hamilton biopic 'Soul Surfer'".
- Aftab, Kaleem. "Lorraine Nicholson".
- Jessica Kiang (30 November 2016). "Film Review: 'Anonymous'". Variety. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- Deena, Bustillo. "Exclusive Interview: 'Soul Surfer' Star Lorraine Nicholson".
|Miss Golden Globe
(no award given in 2008)