Orange County Blues FC
|Full name||Orange County Blues Football Club|
|Nickname(s)||OC Blues FC|
as Los Angeles Blues
|2015||1st, Western Conference
Playoffs: Conference Semifinals
|Website||Club home page|
Orange County Blues is an American soccer team based in the Los Angeles suburb of Irvine, California, United States. Founded in 1998, the team plays in the United Soccer League, the third tier of the American Soccer Pyramid.
The then Los Angeles Blues was announced as a USL Pro expansion franchise on November 7, 2010 The team is associated with the United Soccer Leagues W-League team LA Blues, and is part of the larger Orange County Blues organization, which has competed in Los Angeles-area amateur leagues since 1998. They introduced their first three players—goalkeeper Oscar Dautt and midfielders Cesar Rivera and Josh Tudela—at a formal launch event on December 14, 2010.
After an extensive pre-season, the Blues played their first games in the Caribbean over the weekend of April 15–17, 2011, a 3–0 victory over Sevilla Puerto Rico, and a 2–1 victory over Antigua Barracuda. The first goal in franchise history was scored by Cesar Rivera.
In January 2012, the Blues announced the hiring of Steve Donner (formerly CEO of Orlando City) as vice president of business operations to focus on improving marketing for the club and to bring professionalism to the front-office. The first game of the 2012 season reflected these efforts with a 2,432 attendance compared to 696 for the first home game in 2011 (the Blues averaged 382 during the 2011 season).
Colors and crest
The Blues play in a combination of sky blue, dark blue and white. The club's logo features the blue of the California sky and the dark azure of the Pacific as the main characteristics, paying homage to its home region. The club's inaugural logo itself was a derivation of its sister club's logo from the Pali Blues.
- Titan Stadium; Fullerton, California (2011–2013)
- Anteater Stadium; Irvine, California (2014–present)
Players and staff
- Oliver Wyss – General Manager
- Barry Venison – Head Coach and Technical Director
- Braeden Cloutier – Assistant Coach
- Victor Nogueira – Goalkeeping Coach
- Claudio Trabattoni – Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Chris Phillips – Athletic Trainer
- Charlie Naimo (2011–2012)
- Jesus Rico-Sanz (2012–2013)
- Dariush Yazdani (2013–2014)
- Oliver Wyss (2014–2016)
- Barry Venison (2016–present)
|Year||Division||League||Regular Season||Playoffs||Open Cup||Attendance|
|Los Angeles Blues|
|2011||3||USL||3rd, National||Divisional Semifinals||3rd Round||382|
|2012||3||USL||8th||Did not qualify||2nd Round||666|
|Orange County Blues|
|2014||3||USL||13th||Did not qualify||2nd Round||760|
|2015||3||USL||1st, Western||Conference Semifinals||4th Round||1,398|
- Western Conference (Regular Season)
- Winners : 2015
- LA Blues Set to Play in USL PRO
- Los Angeles Blues Sign First Three Players
- Scott French (13 April 2012). L.A. BLUES: Starting over, with a plan. ESPNLosAngeles.com.
- Los Angeles Blues Officially Introduced