Orange County SC
|Full name||Orange County Soccer Club|
|2016||8th, Western Conference
Playoffs: Conference Semifinals
Orange County Soccer Club is an American soccer team based in the Orange County, California suburb of Irvine, California, United States. Founded in 2013, the team plays in the United Soccer League, one of the two Division II leagues in the American Soccer Pyramid.
The team plays its home games at Great Park in Irvine, CA.
The then Los Angeles Blues was announced as a USL Pro expansion franchise on November 7, 2010 The team was associated with the United Soccer Leagues W-League team LA Blues, and is part of the larger Orange County Blues organization, which has competed in Los Angeles-area amateur leagues since 1998. They introduced their first three players—goalkeeper Oscar Dautt and midfielders Cesar Rivera and Josh Tudela—at a formal launch event on December 14, 2010.
After an extensive pre-season, the Blues played their first games in the Caribbean over the weekend of April 15–17, 2011, a 3–0 victory over Sevilla Puerto Rico, and a 2–1 victory over Antigua Barracuda. The first goal in franchise history was scored by Cesar Rivera.
In January 2012, the Blues announced the hiring of Steve Donner (formerly CEO of Orlando City) as vice president of business operations to focus on improving marketing for the club and to bring professionalism to the front-office. The first game of the 2012 season reflected these efforts with a 2,432 attendance compared to 696 for the first home game in 2011 (the Blues averaged 382 during the 2011 season).
Colors and crest
- Titan Stadium; Fullerton, California (2011–2013)
- Anteater Stadium; Irvine, California (2014–2016)
- Champion Stadium; Irvine, California (2017–present)
Players and staff
- Oliver Wyss – Executive Vice President Soccer Operations and General Manager
- Logan Pause – Head Coach
- Braeden Cloutier – Assistant Coach
- Victor Nogueira – Goalkeeping Coach
- Claudio Trabattoni – Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Peter Nugent – Director of Player Recruitment & Soccer Operations
- Charlie Naimo (2011–2012)
- Jesus Rico-Sanz (2012–2013)
- Dariush Yazdani (2013–2014)
- Oliver Wyss (2014–2016)
- Barry Venison (2016)
- Logan Pause (2017–)
|Year||Division||League||Regular Season||Playoffs||Open Cup||Attendance|
|Los Angeles Blues|
|2011||3||USL||3rd, National||Divisional Semifinals||3rd Round||382|
|2012||3||USL||8th||Did not qualify||2nd Round||666|
|Orange County Blues|
|2014||3||USL||13th||Did not qualify||2nd Round||760|
|2015||3||USL||1st, Western||Conference Semifinals||4th Round||1,398|
|2016||3||USL||8th, Western||Conference Semifinals||2nd Round||1,010|
|Orange County SC|
- LA Blues Set to Play in USL PRO
- Los Angeles Blues Sign First Three Players
- Scott French (13 April 2012). L.A. BLUES: Starting over, with a plan. ESPNLosAngeles.com.