Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners
Los Angeles Police Department Logo
|Type||Civilian Oversight Board|
|Purpose||To oversee the Los Angeles Police Department and set department policy and goals|
|Headquarters||100 West 1st Street
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Website||Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners|
The Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners also commonly known as the Los Angeles Police Commission is a five-member body of civilian-only, appointed officials which oversees the LAPD.
- Steve Sobroff, President of the Board, 1 Term: 2013-2018
- Paula Madison, Vice President of the Board, 1 Term: 2013-2018
- Sandra Figueroa-Villa, Commissioner, 1 Term: 2013-2018
- Kathleen Kim, Commissioner, 1 Term: 2013-2018
- Robert M. Saltzman, 2 Terms: 2008-present (term ends in 2018)
The Board of Police Commissioners is the head of the Los Angeles Police Department. They set the overall policy while the Chief of Police manages the daily operations of the Department and implements the Board’s policies and goals. The board meets every Tuesday in a public hearing room at police headquarters where the public may comment on the matters at hand as well as address the board directly.
- "Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners, LAPD", lapdonline.org. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Mayor appoints professor, civic leaders to LA Police Commission", Southern California Public Radio. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Departing Los Angeles police commissioners leave newcomers with advice", Southern California Public Radio. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Police commission to roll out year’s goals", Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved August 10, 2014.