Los Angeles City Attorney election, 2009
|Elections in California|
The 2009 Los Angeles City Attorney election was held on 3 March 2009, to replace then Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo, who was term limited. Leading up to the 3 March election, the declared candidates were Michael Richard American, David Berger, Carmen Trutanich, Los Angeles City Council member Jack Weiss, and Noel Weiss.
Since no candidate received a 50% majority of votes, a run-off election was held on 19 May between the top two, Weiss and Trutanich. Trutanich won the run-off election with 55.7% of the votes to become the Los Angeles city attorney.
3 March election result
- Jack Weiss: 36.47%
- Carmen Trutanich: 26.93%
- Michael Richard American: 17.28%
- David Berger: 14.21%
- Noel Weiss: 5.11%
19 May election run-off result
- Carmen Trutanich: 131,777 votes, 55.7%
- Jack Weiss: 104,622 votes, 44.3%
- League of Woman Voters "City Attorney; City of Los Angeles Voter Information" Check
|url=value (help). League of Women Voters of California Education Fund. 2 February 2009. Retrieved 2 February 2009.
- Reston, Maeve; Zahniser, David (20 May 2009). "In early returns, Weiss trails Trutanich in city attorney's race". Los Angeles Times.
- "Campaign Website". Jack Weiss for Los Angeles City Attorney website
- "Campaign Website". Carmin Trutanech for City Attorney website
|This American elections-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the politics of California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Los Angeles–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|