Los Angeles County Young Democrats
The Los Angeles County Young Democrats (LACYD) is a political organization in Southern California. It is an official Democratic Club, and is chartered with the California Young Democrats, the Democratic Party of the San Fernando Valley, and the Los Angeles County Democratic Party.
LACYD has more than 1,000 members and supporters. To be an active member, one must be a registered Democrat from 18 to 35 years of age.
Notable former board members
Notable former LACYD Executive board members include:
- Congressmember Howard Berman (co-founder)
- Congressmember Henry Waxman (co-founder)
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky
- Former Los Angeles City Controller Rick Tuttle (co-founder)
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
LACYD has been active in elections at the local, state, and national level since its founding. Members work for endorsed candidates, and representatives speak to other organizations and media outlets about the candidates and issues LACYD has endorsed. The group also organizes candidate forums and debates and takes positions on public issues.
- Democratic Party of the San Fernando Valley
- Los Angeles County Democratic Party
- Los Angeles Times, January 18, 2005
- Los Angeles Times, July 29, 1962
- Daily News of Los Angeles, January 22, 2005
- Los Angeles Times, April 5, 2000
- Los Angeles Times, May 17, 2009