|Origin||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Genres||Stoner rock, Experimental rock, Post metal|
|Labels||Oui Oui Records|
|Past members||Miguel Fernandez|
Los Natas or Natas was an Argentinian stoner rock band. In their latest releases, they had been steering away from the genre and leaning towards a more experimental sound described by them as free rock.
- Walter Broide: drums, vocals, sequences, keyboards, bombo legüero, trumpet
- Sergio Chotsourian : guitar, vocals, keyboards, flute, laúd
- Gonzalo "Crudo" Villagra: bass, bombo leguero, laud, charango
- José Armetta (El Topo): voices
- Dale Crover : Hawaiian guitar and piano
- Pablo Cattania: piano and Hammond
- "El Mono": didgeridoo
- Stefan Koglek: guitar
Their musical influences are numerous and varied, having the base of the raw and psychedelic sound of 1970s bands such as The Doors, Black Sabbath, The Who, Pink Floyd and Hawkwind, among others. Los Natas propose a journey made of basic elements: valvular equipment and vintage instruments, they incorporate the use of the senses and perception of the listener as a part of a sonic trip. They make music that changes constantly, supported by long jams that give them a different meaning every time they execute them having that way a sense of freedom in the way of interpreting the sounds, making this experience extremely related to the sensations that both the musicians and the audience receive every time a show begins.
Since 1998, the music industry noticed the existence of bands with this musical influences spread around the globe. The scene was growing with the edition of CDs and LPs emerging as a new culture under global codes: the same love for music and the sound. As an answer to the mainstream it began this new trend under the name of stoner rock. Nowadays the sound and music of Natas goes beyond this classification, with the incorporation of Argentine folk instruments and the creation of ambiance which makes the classification of the band in one genre very difficult.
Los Natas toured around the United States (1998-2000), Europe (2003-04) where they shared stages with important bands of the genre such as Queens of the Stone Age, Nebula, The Men of Porn, Unida, Dozer, Circle, Colour Haze, and Brant Bjork & the Bros., among others. They have been doing a bunch of theme oriented gigs/festival that where created by them called Viernes Verdes (Green Fridays) that has had 10 editions so far and it takes place in Buenos Aires's main theaters, the band plays while there are psychedelic projections in the background which gain such importance as the band itself. They also present in other provinces of the country and in numerous places in Buenos Aires.
- Delmar – 1998 (Man's Ruin Records, US)
- Ciudad de Brahman (City of Brahman) – 1999 (Man's Ruin Records, US)
- Unreleased Dopes – 1999 (VINYL MAGIC 3 RECORDS, ITALY)
- Natas / Dragonauta Split CD – 2000 (ICARUS RECORDS, ARGENTINA)
- Corsario Negro (Black Corsair) – 2002 (SMALL STONE RECORDS, US)
- Bee Jesus (CD x 2 re editing Delmar & Ciudad de Brahman) – 2003 (OUI OUI RECORDS, Argentina)
- Toba Trance vol. 1 – 2003 (Ektro Records, FINLAND)
- Toba Trance vol. 2 – 2004 (Ektro Records, FINLAND)
- Munchen Sessions – 2004 Double CD (ELEKTROHASCH SCHALLPLATTEN, GER)
- München Sessions – 2005 (OUI OUI RECORDS, Argentina)
- El Hombre Montaña (Mountain Man) - 2006 (OUI OUI RECORDS, Argentina)
- El Universo Perdido de Los Natas - CD x 2 -2007 (OUI OUI RECORDS, Argentina), (MeteorCity Records, US)
- Solodolor/ Ararat - 2008 split 10" vinyl
- El Nuevo Orden de La Libertad - 2009 (SMALL STONE RECORDS, US)
- Welcome to MeteorCity
- Right In The Nuts: A Tribute to Aerosmith (July 10, 2000) Small Stone Records (US)
- Blue Explosion: tribute a Blue Cheer (US)
- Inhale 420: Stoner Rock Compilation (US)
- Sucking The 70's: 70's songs compilation (US).
- Supernatural extremities: Grinder Magazine compilation (Chile)
- Flying High: Dale Crover Australian compilation mady by Dale Crover(Australia)
- Rebirth of the Heavy: Bully Magazine compilation (US)
- The Ultimate fuzz Collection: Compilation (US).
- Whats your function : A tribute to Franco Battiato
- Tiempos Violentos: An Argentine radio show compilation.
- Sabbath crosses: tribute to Black Sabbath
- Listen without distraction: Argentine Tribute to Kyuss
- Loco gringos have a party: South American stonerrock compilation
- Niceto Mundo: Niceto's (A place for bands to play) compilation
- Skate Rock 4: Skate Rock Compilation.
- Delmar was chosen by stonerrock.com as one of the 10 best records of Stoner Rock in history.
- Ciudad de Brahman obtains reviews of 9/10 and 8/10 scores on specialized magazines: Kerrang, Metal Hammer, Spin and Rolling Stone.
- Ciudad de Brahman was produced by Dale Crover (former of The Melvins) and recorded in US.
- The artwork of Ciudad de Brahman and Delmar was made by the artist Frank Kozic.
- In 2000 Rolling Stone mag puts Los Natas as the Hot band of the year.
- Corsario Negro was produced by Billy Anderson.
- In 2004, in Argentina they achieved to be on the cover of the 3 rock supplements of the most important Argentine newspapers in less than 6 months.
- El Hombre Montaña was also produced by Billy Anderson.