This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Genres||Stoner rock, experimental rock, psychedelic rock|
|Labels||Man's Ruin Records, Oui Oui Records|
Los Natas or Natas are an Argentinian stoner rock band formed in 1994 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. In their later releases, they had been leaning towards a more experimental sound described by them as free rock.
Their musical influences are numerous and varied, having the base of the raw and psychedelic sound of 1970s bands such as The Doors, Black Sabbath, The Who, Pink Floyd and Hawkwind, among others. Los Natas propose a journey made of basic elements: valvular equipment and vintage instruments, they incorporate the use of the senses and perception of the listener as a part of a sonic trip. They make music that changes constantly, supported by long jams that give them a different meaning every time they execute them having that way a sense of freedom in the way of interpreting the sounds, making this experience extremely related to the sensations that both the musicians and the audience receive every time a show begins.
Since 1998, the music industry noticed the existence of bands with this musical influences spread around the globe. The scene was growing with the edition of CDs and LPs emerging as a new culture under global codes: the same love for music and the sound. As an answer to the mainstream it began this new trend under the name of stoner rock. Nowadays the sound and music of Natas goes beyond this classification, with the incorporation of Argentine folk instruments and the creation of ambiance which makes the classification of the band in one genre very difficult.
Los Natas toured around the United States (1998-2000), Europe (2003-04) where they shared stages with important bands of the genre such as Queens of the Stone Age, Nebula, The Men of Porn, Unida, Dozer, Circle, Colour Haze, and Brant Bjork & the Bros., among others. They have been doing a bunch of theme oriented gigs/festival that where created by them called Viernes Verdes (Green Fridays) that has had 10 editions so far and it takes place in Buenos Aires's main theaters, the band plays while there are psychedelic projections in the background which gain such importance as the band itself. They also present in other provinces of the country and in numerous places in Buenos Aires.
- Sergio Chotsourian (Sergio Ch.): guitar, vocals, keyboards, flute, lute
- Gonzalo "Crudo" Villagra: bass, bombo legüero, laud, charango
- Walter Broide: drums, vocals, keyboards, sequencers, bombo legüero, trumpet
- José "Topo" Armetta: vocals
- Dale Crover : Hawaiian guitar and piano
- Pablo Cattania: piano and Hammond
- "El Mono": didgeridoo
- Stefan Koglek: guitar
- Claudio Filadoro : bass
- Miguel Fernandez : bass
- Delmar (1998)
- Ciudad de Brahman (1999)
- Corsario Negro (2002)
- Toba Trance (2003)
- Toba Trance II (2004)
- München Sessions (2005)
- El Hombre Montaña (2006)
- Nuevo orden de la libertad (2009)
Compilations, splits and miscellanea
- Unreleased Dopes (1999)
- Natas / Dragonauta, split (2000)
- Bee Jesus, 2 CDs comprising Delmar & Ciudad de Brahman (2003)
- El universo perdido de Los Natas, vol. I/II, compilation of covers (2007)
- Los Natas / Solodolor, split (2008)
- Skate Rock 4: Argentine compilation (1998)
- Welcome to MeteorCity (1998)
- Tiempos violentos: Argentine radio show compilation (1999)
- Right in the Nuts: tribute to Aerosmith, Small Stone Records (US) (2000)
- Blue Explosion: tribute to Blue Cheer (US) (2000)
- Inhale 420: The Stoner Rock Compilation (US) (2000)
- Sucking the 70's: compilation of 70s' rock songs by stoner rock (US) (2002)
- Rebirth of the Heavy: Bully Magazine compilation (US) (2002)
- The Ultimate Fuzzcollection: compilation (US) (2004)
- What's Your Function?: tribute to Franco Battiato (2004)
- Sabbath Crosses: tribute to Black Sabbath (2004)
- Listen Without Distraction: Argentine tribute to Kyuss (2004)
- Loco Gringos Have a Party: South American stoner rock compilation (2004)
- Niceto Mundo: Niceto's (A venue for bands to play) compilation (2004)
- Supernatural Extremities: Grinder Magazine compilation (Chile)
- Flying High: Australian issue compiled by Dale Crover (Australia)
- Delmar was chosen by stonerrock.com as one of the 10 best records of Stoner Rock in history.
- Ciudad de Brahman obtains reviews of 9/10 and 8/10 scores on specialized magazines: Kerrang, Metal Hammer, Spin and Rolling Stone.
- Ciudad de Brahman was produced by Dale Crover (of The Melvins) and recorded in the US.
- The artwork of Ciudad de Brahman and Delmar were made by the artist Frank Kozic.
- In 2000 Rolling Stone mag puts Los Natas as the Hot band of the year.
- Corsario Negro was produced by Billy Anderson.
- In 2004, in Argentina they appear on the cover of three rock supplements, of the most important Argentine newspapers, in less than six months.
- El Hombre Montaña was also produced by Billy Anderson.
- "Natas". Rock.com.ar. Retrieved 17 November 2020.