||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Los Salvadores is a four-piece folk group from south east England. They currently perform across the United Kingdom and appear at various festivals including Lounge On The Farm, BoomTown Fair, Zoo Thousand, Endorse It in Dorset, Sellindge Music Festival and the Rochester Sweeps Festival.
The band originally formed as a loose folk punk collective in 2004, and went through many line-up changes before arriving at its current acoustic, folk-influenced sound with the addition of Hannah Ellerby on violin and French horn player Vicky Price.
Despite moderate success on the UK punk scene between 2004 and 2008 including high-profile support slots with Neck, Pronghorn, The Dangerfields and The Ghost of a Thousand, Los Salvadores continued to explore the folk elements in their music, eventually deciding to go fully acoustic in early 2009.
The first EP showcasing the new style was recorded at Barnroom Studios with Bernie Torme. Titled Wasps Birds and Clients, it featured four reworked songs and two new songs.
Los Salvadores base many songs on Kent legends and history, such as the Smugglers Leap, and Bartholemew's Day, the story of the Battle of Sandwich (1217).
The band now performs at a variety of folk clubs and festivals across the UK, and has shared stages with a huge variety of artists such as Emily Barker and the Red Clay Halo, Jez Lowe, The Bad Shepherds, Eliza Carthy and Tunng.
- Attack of the Clones (2008)
- Los Salvadores (2005)
- Is This a Set Up? (2005)
- Pink Champagne (2006)
- Excerpt from a Ward (2008)
- Wasps, Birds and Clients (2009)
- Stuck Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (2010)
- Mistress of Distress and the Incredible Shrinking Man (2011)
- Current members
- Gareth Arnold: Vocals (2004–present)
- Marf Whiskin: Guitar, vocals (2004–present)
- Hannah Ellerby: Violin (2009–present)
- Vicky Price: French horn, vocals (2009–present)
- Jim McLean-Johnsen: Bass (2008–2011)
- Darren Thomas: Drums (2009–2011)
- Matt Selfe: Mandolin (2004–2009)
- Matt Ogilvie: Drums (2009)
- Pete Blackett: Keyboard (2004–2009)
- Huw Arnold: Drums (2004–2009)
- Nat Calico: Accordion (2006)
- Luke Renton: Bass (2004–2008)
- Patrick Redford: Saxophone, vocals (2004–2005)