Los miserables (2014 TV series)
|Created by||Valentina Párraga|
|Based on||Les Misérables|
by Victor Hugo
|Story by||Valentina Párraga|
|Theme music composer||Caridad Castañeda|
|Opening theme||"Los miserables" performed by Aracely Arámbula|
|Country of origin|
|No. of episodes||119|
|Producer(s)||Marco Antonio López|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|First shown in||United States|
|Original release||September 30, 2014– March 24, 2015|
Los miserables (English: Les Misérables), is a telenovela that premiered on Telemundo on September 30, 2014, and concluded on March 24, 2015. The telenovela is produced by Argos Comunicación and Telemundo Studios, distributed by Telemundo Internacional and created by the Venezuelan author Valentina Párraga, based on the French novel Les Misérables written by Victor Hugo.
It stars Aracely Arámbula as Lucía Durán — A woman pursued by law but innocent, who has to resist, fight and hide tenaciously and cunningly, until she demonstrates her integrity, with Erik Hayser, Aylín Mújica, Gabriel Porras and Marco Treviño, along to Aarón Díaz as the special guest.
Lucia Durán (Lucha) leaves prison in Texas (U.S.) where she served 11 years of her sentence, with the frustration of paying for a crime she did not commit. Her cellmate Rosalia Pérez, on her deathbed, entrusts Lucia to take charge of Roxana, her 10-year-old daughter living in Mexico City. Lucia is deported from Texas with a nursing degree obtained in prison. In Mexico City, dreaming of reuniting with her family, Lucia is received by Liliana Duran, her younger sister, who reminds her that she is the shame of the family, although Liliana knows that the tragedy of her sister started it. Meanwhile, they agree that Lucia is alone in this life and Lucia begins a long ordeal to find work and the girl that she promised to protect.
The handsome and masculine chief of the anti-narcotics department, Daniel Ponce, never has trouble getting occasional lovers, but isn't keen on lasting relationships. He seems cold and cynical, while he boasts of being fair and impartial. He relentlessly tracks evildoers, as in each of the criminals he sees his mother's killers.
Daniel, in his fight against drug trafficking and Marrero, the head of a drug cartel, directs an operation to catch a trafficking ring in a popular neighborhood, which injures both policemen and traffickers. Meanwhile, Lucia goes to a charity hospital to apply for a job. Shortly after, the wounded cop from Daniel's operation arrives. Trained for action, Lucia starts to help the poor staff of nurses and doctors, until Daniel arrives with orders and threats. Lucia confronts him and Daniel angrily asserts himself. Sister Amparo Ponce, seeing the ugly behavior of her nephew, decides to give Lucia a try, despite her unruly past. After getting the job, Lucia starts to seek Roxana, the daughter of Rosalia.
The telenovela will be shot in Mexico, Mintz also indicated that soon reveal the names of the actors and producers and the rest of the team to be in this production. Arambula clarified that the new melodrama will not be a carbon copy of the novel. "Are you based in Les Misérables, but is adapted for television. It is not time, is now only based on history [everyone knows]. We will not make Los Miserables [always]," she said. Arambula confirmed she wanted to return to the small screen with a different role of "La Patrona" in the drama of the soap will be Miserable. It also confirms that she will return to work with the same production team "La Patrona". Said Marcos Santana, president of Telemundo International, Monday in a press conference in Cannes, France. "We are very proud because it comes from another great production that will anticipate our label and have excellent ratings". The telenovela production began in April 2014.
- Aracely Arámbula as Lucía "Lucha" Durán
- Erik Hayser as Daniel Ponce
- Aylín Mújica as Liliana Durán
- Gabriel Porras as Olegario Marrero "El Diablo" / Rafael Montes
- Aarón Díaz as César Mondragón
- Marco Treviño as Ignacio Durán
- Alexandra de la Mora as Helena Durán
- Aldo Gallardo as Carlos Gallardo
- Diego Soldano as Pablo Riobueno
- Bianca Calderón as Deyanira Paredes
- Claudio Lafarga as Dr. Gonzalo Mallorca
- Estela Calderón as Déborah Echeverría
- Thanya López as Marisela León
- Macarena Oz as Roxana Pérez
- Gabo Anguiano as Guillermo Orlandes "Memin"
- Luis Uribe as Genaro Cabello
- Verónica Terán as Sor Amparo Ponce
- María Barbosa as Fernanda Monteagudo de Durán
- Gina Varela as Nancy
- Anastasia as Consuelo Durán
- Manola Diez as Ivanna Echeverría
- Alex Camargo as Abel Durán
- Eva Daniela as Victoria "Vicky" Gordillo
- Dave Douglas as Octavio Mondragón
- Rodrigo Vidal as Gastón Gordillo
- Javier Díaz Dueñas as Radamés Echeverría
- Gonzalo García Vivanco as Pedro Morales
- Elsy Reyes as Nuria Pérez
- Juan Martín Jauregui as Evaristo Rodríguez
- Federico Porras Jr. as Ignacio "Nachito" Echeverría Durán
- Geraldine Zinat as Sor Milagros
- Luis Yeverino as Gustavo Millán
- Tatiana Martínez as Soraya
- Eduardo Reza as Alejandro Verde
Awards and nominations
|2014||People en Español||Best telenovela||Los miserables||Nominated|
|Galanazo del año||Erik Hayser||Nominated|
|Best on-screen chemistry||Aracely Arámbula and Erik Hayser||Nominated|
|Best Female Antagonist||Aylín Mujica||Nominated|
|Best Male Antagonist||Gabriel Porras||Nominated|
|2015||Premios Tu Mundo||Novela of the Year||Los miserables||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actor - Novela||Erik Hayser||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actress - Novela||Aracely Arámbula||Nominated|
|The Best Actor with Bad Luck||Aracely Arámbula||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Boy - Novela||Gabriel Porras||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Girl - Novela||Aylin Mujica||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress - Novela||Alexandra de la Mora||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor - Novela||Diego Soldano||Nominated|
|Javier Díaz Dueñas||Nominated|
|The Perfect Couple||Aracely Arámbula & Erik Hayser||Nominated|
- Armando Tinoco. "Aracely Arámbula 'Los Miserables' Trailer: First Look At Telemundo's Telenovela Adaptation Of Victor Hugo's Classic [VIDEO]". Latintimes. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Nueva novela para Aracely Arámbula". telemundo51.com. 2013-10-07. Archived from the original on 2013-10-19. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- "TELEMUNDO UPFRONT 2014: TELEMUNDO PRESENTA SU NUEVA PROGRAMACIÓN PARA LA TEMPORADA 2014-2015". Retrieved 2014-05-14.
- "Aracely Arámbula protagonizará la adaptación televisiva de 'Los Miserables'". elnuevoherald.com. 2013-10-07. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "Aracely Arámbula revela secretos de "Los Miserables"". elnuevoherald.com. 2013-10-08. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "Aracely Arámbula protagonizará telenovela basada en Los miserables". peopleenespanol.com. 2013-10-08. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Inician las grabaciones de "Los Miserables"". Retrieved 2014-05-14.
- "People En Español Las Estrellas Del Año 2014: Angelique Boyer, Sebastián Rulli, William Levy y Enrique Iglesias Entre Los Ganadores [LISTA COMPLETA]". Spanish Latinos Post (in Spanish). November 14, 2014. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "Kimberly Dos Ramos y Gonzalo García Vivanco máximos nominados a Premios Tu Mundo 2015" (in Spanish). July 22, 2015. Retrieved July 28, 2015.
- Telemundo Network. "Lista completa de los nominados a Premios Tu Mundo 2015". Telemundo (in Spanish). Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Conoce a los ganadores de "Premios Tu Mundo 2015" de Telemundo". tvboricuausa.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 21, 2015.