Lost & Found (1999 film)
|Lost & Found|
Promotional film poster
|Directed by||Jeff Pollack|
|Produced by||Andrew Kosove|
|Written by||J. B. Cook|
|Music by||John Debney|
|Edited by||Christopher Greenbury|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|April 23, 1999|
|Box office||$6,552,255 (USA)|
Restaurant owner Dylan Ramsey (David Spade) is head-over-heels in love with his new neighbor, a French cellist named Lila (Sophie Marceau). In a desperate attempt to garner her affections, he kidnaps her beloved pet dog and offers to help her find him on a phantom dog hunt. A wrench is thrown in his plans, however, when the dog swallows his best friend's diamond ring, and things get worse for Dylan as Lila's ex-fiancée, Rene, arrives to win her back.
- David Spade as Dylan Ramsey
- Sophie Marceau as Lila Dubois
- Martin Sheen as Millstone
- Patrick Bruel as Rene
- Artie Lange as Wally Slack
- Mitchell Whitfield as Mark Gildewell
- Christian Clemenson as Ray
- Estelle Harris as Mrs. Stubblefield
- Marla Gibbs as Enid
- Rose Marie as Clara
- Carole Cook as Sylvia
- Michelle Clunie as Gail
- Ever Carradine as Ginger
- Carl Michael Lindner as Brat
- Jon Lovitz as Uncle Harry Briggs
- Frankie Pace as Sal
- Hal Sparks as DJ
- Jason Stuart as Jewelry Store Clerk
- Frankie Muniz as Boy in TV Movie
- Agata Gotova as Party Guest (uncredited)
The film grossed $6,552,255 in the US against a budget of $30 million.
On Rotten Tomatoes the film has an approval rating of 13% based on reviews from 52 critics. The site's consensus states: "Aside from a few laughs, everything else is entirely predictable, including the jokes." On Metacritic it has a score of 19% based on reviews from 21 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews". Audiences surveyed by CinemaScore gave the film a grade B- on scale of A to F.
- "Lost & Found". Box Office Mojo.
- "Lost and Found (1999)". Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Lost & Found". Metacritic.
- "LOST AND FOUND (1999) B-". CinemaScore. Archived from the original on 2018-12-20.
- Ebert, Roger (1999). "Lost & Found". Chicago Sun-Times.
- Holden, Stephen (23 April 1999). "FILM REVIEW; Chef Finds A Recipe For Love: It's a Dog (Published 1999)". The New York Times.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Lost & Found (1999 film)|