Lost River, West Virginia
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1551943|
Being only two hours from Washington, DC, Lost River has become a popular weekend destination, with a sizeable number of people from the Greater Washington Metropolitan region owning vacation homes there. Lost River is particularly popular with the District's gay population, and several local businesses cater to that demographic group.
Lost River, WV is home to two of the WV Tourism Board/Department of Commerce's 101 Unique Places to Dine for 2012, the Lost River General Store and the Lost River Grill.
Points of interest
- James Ward Wood, born near Lost River, Founder of Kappa Alpha Order.
- Richard Tafel, author, gay political activist and founder of Log Cabin Republicans.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lost River, West Virginia
- "Road to fairness/Fairness Weekend in Lost River". Fairness WV. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- "It's finally Summer at the Guesthouse". Guesthouse at Lost River. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "101 unique places to dine in West Virginia". West Virginia Department of Commerce. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- Discover Lost River - website dedicated to Lost River area businesses
- Guesthouse Lost River - 18 Room, Award Winning Inn - Lodging, Restaurant and Lounge
|This article about a location in Hardy County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|