Lost You Anyway
|"Lost You Anyway"|
|Single by Toby Keith|
|from the album That Don't Make Me a Bad Guy|
|Released||March 16, 2009|
|Label||Show Dog Nashville|
|Toby Keith singles chronology|
"Lost You Anyway" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Toby Keith. It was released in March 2009 as the third and final single from Keith's album That Don't Make Me a Bad Guy. It was the 46th single release of his career. The song peaked at number 10 in the United States and was written by Keith along with Bobby Pinson.
"Lost You Anyway" is a mid-tempo country ballad in which the male narrator looks back on a failed relationship. He lists off various things that he could have done in attempts to keep her from leaving, but then says that he probably would have lost her anyway.
Dan Milliken of Country Universe gave the song a C- rating. He said that the lyrics were largely uninspired, but added that the production was solid, and that Keith's vocals were strong. Jonathan Keefe of Slant magazine critic Jonathan Keefe said that although Keith's masculine image tended to make his ballads sound insincere, "Lost You Anyway" was still a better-constructed song in comparison to other similar songs on country radio.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||10|
|US Billboard Hot 100||69|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||54|
- Milliken, Dan (2009-03-23). "Toby Keith - "Lost You Anyway"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2009-04-02.
- Keefe, Jonathan (2008-10-26). "That Don't Make Me a Bad Guy review". Slant. Retrieved 2009-04-02.
- "Toby Keith – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Toby Keith.
- "Best of 2009: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2009. Retrieved December 13, 2009.