Lost in Emotion
|"Lost in Emotion"|
|Single by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam|
|from the album Spanish Fly|
|B-side||"Motion Is Lost"|
5:07 (album version)|
4:36 (single version)
|Songwriter(s)||Curt Bedeau, Gerry Charles, Hugh L Clarke, Brian George, Lucien George, Paul George|
|Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam singles chronology|
"Lost in Emotion" is a song recorded by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam that appeared on their 1987 album Spanish Fly. The song hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 on October 17, 1987. The song was their second number-one single (having scored this first earlier in the year with "Head to Toe"). The song also went to number one on the Black Singles chart, and number eight on the dance chart.
Full Force member Lou George describes "Lost in Emotion" as "a combination" of two Mary Wells' hits: "Two Lovers" and "You Beat Me to the Punch", an idea which occurred to George as the result of his playing Wells' Greatest Hits album on which "Two Lovers" and "You Beat Me to the Punch" were sequential tracks. George - "We didn't steal the riffs: all we did was get the flavoring...We [used] a xylophone and some bells because back in the Motown days they always used those simple instruments."
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||1|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Black Singles||1|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales||3|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play||8|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks||27|
|US Hot Crossover 30 (Billboard)||1|
|New Zealand Singles Charts||15|
|UK Singles Chart||58|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 354.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 157.
- Bronson, Fred (2003). Billboard Book of Number One Hits (5th ed.). New York: Billboard Books (Crown Publishing Group). ISBN 978-0823076772.
- "Hot Crossover 30: September 12, 1987" (PDF). Billboard. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "Lost in Emotion", New Zealand Charts  (Retrieved September 7, 2011)
|This 1980s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|