Lost in You (Chris Gaines song)
|"Lost in You"|
|Single by Chris Gaines|
|from the album Greatest Hits|
|Released||July 19, 1999|
|Garth Brooks singles chronology|
"Lost in You" is a song co-written by Gordon Kennedy, Wayne Kirkpatrick, and Tommy Sims. It was recorded by American country music artist Garth Brooks under the fictitious persona of Australian alternative rock artist Chris Gaines. It was released in July 1999 as the lead single from the album Greatest Hits. Originally, the album was intended to be the soundtrack for a movie called The Lamb that would star Brooks as a rock star recalling the different periods of his life. The single was purposefully released over a year in advance from the scheduled film release date to pique interest in Brooks performing rock instead of country. The Lamb, however, was never filmed due to financial and management problems. It peaked at No. 5 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably saying that it is a "gentle, beautifully produced love song." She goes on to say that it contains easy beats, "supple guitar strumming" and a chorus that "flows like a lazy steam on the most pleasant of days."
The music video was directed by Jon Small and premiered in mid-1999.
|Canada Top Singles (RPM)||45|
|Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||55|
|UK Singles Chart||70|
|US Billboard Hot 100||5|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||9|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||62|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||700,000|
- Billboard, July 31, 1999
- "Top RPM Singles: Issue 8352." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. August 23, 1999. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Top RPM Adult Contemporary: Issue 8469." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. August 30, 1999. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 8474." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 6, 1999. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Garth Brooks Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Garth Brooks Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard.
- "Garth Brooks Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "American single certifications – Brooks, Garth – Lost in You". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- "Best-Selling Records of 1999". Billboard. BPI Communications Inc. 112 (4): 63. January 22, 2000. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|