Lost In Society
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Lost In Society|
|Origin||Asbury Park, New Jersey, United States|
|Genres||Punk rock, Alternative|
|Associated acts||The Bouncing Souls|
|Past members||Hardu Virks-Lee|
Lost In Society is an alternative band based out of Asbury Park, New Jersey. The band currently consists of Zach Moyle (lead vocals, guitar), Nick Ruroede (bass, backup vocals), and Hector Bonora (drums).
Playing in various bands through out highschool Lost In Society formed in 2012, quickly gaining attention in the Asbury Park area. Wasting no time the band went into Little Eden to record five songs with Pete Steinkopf of The Bouncing Souls. That EP would eventually be released on Altercation Records in the form of a split with White Plains, NY's American Pinup.
With the success of the split Lost In Society would go on to be added to the 2012 Van's Warped Tour in support of their full length, 2012's Let It Sail also on Altercation Records. Heavy touring followed and the band saw themselves opening for high-profile acts such as The Bouncing Souls, The Misfits, The Flatliners, Catch 22 and countless others. The band also found themselves playing Gainesville's The FEST, Fun Fun Fun Fest, and Montreal's Pouzza Fest.
2014 was a good year for the band and marked their first appearance at Las Vegas's Punk Rock Bowling with the band playing the main stage their first time at the festival. Following their appearance at PRB the band started another run on The Van's Warped Tour with their song Plastic appearing on Sideonedummy's Warped Tour Compilation. Taking a brief hiatus from touring in the winter of 2014 LIS embarked on their first European run in early 2015 in support of a split released on Panic State Records with the UK's River Jumpers.
In the summer of 2015 Lost In Society were added as support to Dead Sara's west coast tour.
- Zach Moyle - vocals/guitar
- Nick Ruroede - bass/vocals
- Hector Bonora - drums
- Let It Sail (2012, Altercation Records)
- Modern Illusions (2016, Handsome Stranger Records)
- Lost In Society/American Pinup (2012, Altercation Records)
- Panic State Records Split Series Vol 1: River Jumpers/ Lost In Society (2015, Panic State Records)
- Blood Sweat & Punk Volume 1, (2012, Altercation Records)
- Warped Tour Compilation 2012, (2012, Side One Dummy Records)
- Blood Sweat & Punk Volume 2, (2013, Altercation Records)
- Warped Tour Compilation 2014, (2014, Side One Dummy Records)
- Pfeiffer, John. "Shoreworld: Quincy Mumford's New Album and Lost In Society's BOTB Success". The Aquarian Weekly. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- Ciezak, Maria. "Interview with Lost In Society: Moving In The Right Direction". The Aquarian Weekly. Retrieved 22 May 2015.