Lost in the Fifties Tonight
|Lost in the Fifties Tonight|
|Studio album by|
|Producer||Ronnie Milsap, Rob Galbraith, Tom Collins|
|Ronnie Milsap chronology|
|Singles from Lost in the Fifties Tonight|
Lost in the Fifties Tonight is the seventeenth studio album by country music artist Ronnie Milsap, released in 1986. The album produced four singles, all of which claimed the top spot on the Billboard country singles chart, including the title track, which was previously featured on Milsap's Second Greatest Hits Volume. The others included "Happy, Happy Birthday Baby", "In Love" and "How Do I Turn You On."
The album reached No. 1 on Country charts and peaked at #121 on the Billboard 200. It was ultimately certified as gold. The album went out of print in 2005, but was re-released as a double album with 1987's Heart & Soul on May 8, 2012.
- "Lost in the Fifties Tonight (In the Still of the Night)" (Mike Reid, Troy Seals)
- "In Love" (Reid, Bruce Dees)
- "Old Fashioned Girl Like You" (Reid, Naomi Martin)
- "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (Norman Whitfield, Barrett Strong)
- "Don't Take It Tonight" (Reid, Seals)
- "How Do I Turn You On" (Reid, Byrne)
- "Happy, Happy Birthday Baby" (M. Sylvia, G. Lopez)
- "Nashville Moon" (Roger Murrah, John Schweers)
- "I Only Remember the Good Times" (Reid, Martin)
- "Money (That's What I Want)" (Janice Bradford, Berry Gordy)
As listed in liner notes.
- Brandon Barnes – synthesizer
- Robert Byrne – background vocals
- Larry Byrom – electric guitar
- Jimmy Capps – acoustic guitar
- Bruce Dees – electric guitar, background vocals
- Sonny Garrish – steel guitar
- Jon Goin – electric guitar, acoustic guitar
- Jim Horn – saxophone
- Mitch Humphries – keyboards
- Shane Keister – keyboards, synthesizer, drum programming
- Mike Lawler – synthesizer
- Larrie Londin – drums
- Ronnie Milsap – lead vocals, background vocals, keyboards
- Farrell Morris – percussion
- Lisa Silver – background vocals
- Jay Spell – keyboards
- Suzy Storm – background vocals
- Diane Tidwell – background vocals
- Marie Tomlinson – background vocals
- Bergen White – background vocals
- Dennis Wilson – background vocals
- Bob Wray – bass guitar
- Barbara Wyrick – background vocals
- Roy Yeager – drums
- Strings performed by the Nashville String Machine, arranged by Bergen White and conducted by Carlos Gorodetzky.
|US Country||US AC||CAN Country||CAN AC|
|1985||"Lost in the Fifties Tonight (In the Still of the Night)"||1||8||1||20|
|1986||"Happy, Happy Birthday Baby"||1||—||1||—|
|"How Do I Turn You On"||1||—||1||—|
- Allmusic review
- Lost in the Fifties Tonight (cassette insert). Ronnie Milsap. RCA Records. 1986. 7194.CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) (link)
- "Ronnie Milsap Chart History (Billboard 200)". Billboard. Retrieved June 9, 2021.
- "Ronnie Milsap Chart History (Top Country Albums)". Billboard. Retrieved June 9, 2021.
- "Top Country Albums – Year-End 1986". Billboard. Retrieved June 9, 2021.