Lostock Gralam railway station
View west towards Northwich and Chester
|Local authority||Cheshire West and Chester|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Key dates||Opened 1 January 1863|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Lostock Gralam from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Lostock Gralam railway station serves the village of Lostock Gralam in Cheshire, England. The station is on the Mid-Cheshire Line from Chester to Manchester Piccadilly, 18½ miles (30 km) east of Chester.
For many years the station had a run-down appearance and had been downgraded to a request stop. The main station building was demolished on Sunday 8 July 2007.
As a result of the Lostock Triangle development, the station is no longer a request stop. In the summer of 2011, new passenger shelters were constructed on both platforms. Prior to this, there had been no protection from the weather for passengers on the Manchester-bound platform. The station is unmanned, so tickets must be bought on the train or prior to travel. Train running details are offered via digital display screens (fitted in 2015), telephone and timetable posters. Step-free access is available only on the Manchester-bound platform.
Monday to Saturday there is an hourly service westbound to Chester and eastbound to Manchester Piccadilly. There are extra peak-hour services to and from Stockport. On Sundays, there is now a two-hourly service to Chester and Manchester, with the latter continuing to Wigan Wallgate and Southport.
- Lostock Gralam station revamp Northwich Guardian 10 June 2011
- New signs installed for rail passengers at Knutsford and Holmes Chapel stations Wilson, James Knutsford Guardian news article 11 January 2016; Retrieved 14 March 2017
- Lostock Gralam station facilities National Rail Enquiries
- Table 88 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Mitchell, Vic; Smith, Keith (2013). Chester Northgate to Manchester. Middleton Press. figs. 49-51. ISBN 9781908174512. OCLC 892704846.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lostock Gralam railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Lostock Gralam railway station from National Rail
- Mid-Cheshire Community Rail Partnership
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|This article on a railway station in North West England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|