Hellinga was a senior lecturer at the University of Amsterdam from 1967 to 1976, and General Secretary of the Consortium of European research libraries from 1992 to 2002. Formerly she was deputy keeper of the British Library.
She is an expert in the work of the fifteenth-century printer William Caxton.
- The fifteenth-century printing types of the Low Countries, 1966. (With W. Hellinga)
- The Cambridge history of the book in Britain, (vol 3). Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1999. (Editor)
- Analytical bibliography and the study of early printed books, 1989.
- William Caxton and early printing in England. British Library, London, 2010. ISBN 9780712350884
- Catalogue of books printed in the XVth century now in the British Library, Vol 11 ("England") 2007.
- Printing in England in the fifteenth century: Duff's bibliography with supplementary descriptions &c. The Bibliographical Society, London, 2009.
- Texts in transit: From manuscript to proof and print in the fifteenth century. Brill, Leiden, 2014. ISBN 9789004277168
- Goldfinch, John (2010). "Hellinga, Lotte (1932– ), Book historian". In Michael F. Suarez, S.J.; H. R. Woudhuysen (eds.). The Oxford Companion to the Book. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780198606536.
- "Dr Lotte Hellinga". British Academy. Retrieved 15 Mar 2018.
- Coughlan, Sean (9 May 2017). "'Incredibly rare' William Caxton print discovered". BBC News. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
|This article about a person involved with library and information science is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|