This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lou Marinoff is a professor of philosophy at The City College of New York, in New York City in the United States. He is the founder of the American Philosophical Practitioners Association, and has written several books.
Marinoff did a doctorate in philosophy of science at University College London, then went to Hebrew University in Jerusalem for post-doctoral work. He was executive director of the American Society for Philosophy Counseling and Psychotherapy, but in 1998 left it and started his own association, the American Philosophical Practitioners Association.
American Philosophical Practitioners Association
The American Philosophical Practitioners Association (APPA) is a non-profit educational organization which encourages philosophical awareness and advocates leading the examined life. APPA offers a certification program in client counseling for those with advanced degrees in philosophy who wish to practice philosophical counseling. It also publishes a professional Journal and has a membership list of those certified as philosophical counselors on its website.
2010: Changing Our Minds, Living Life Films, San Diego. Directed by David Sousa.
2006: Way of the Puck, Creative Ape Productions, Los Angeles. Directed by Eric Anderson.
2004: Table Hockey: The Movie, Triad Films, Nova Scotia. Produced by Peter d'Entrement, directed by Thor Henrikson.
- Fair New World. Vancouver: Backlash Books, 1994.
- Plato Not Prozac. New York: HarperCollins, 1999.
- Philosophical Practice. New York: Elsevier, 2001.
- Therapy for the Sane. New York: Bloomsbury, 2003.
- The Big Questions. How philosophy can change your life. New York and London: Bloomsbury, 2003.
- The Middle Way. New York: Sterling, 2007.
- The Inner Philosopher: Conversations on Philosophy's Transformative Power. A dialogue with Daisaku Ikeda. Cambridge, MA: Dialogue Pathways Press, 2012.
- The Power of Tao. Denver: Argo Navis, 2014.
- Faculty and Staff Profiles: Lou Marinoff. City College of New York. Accessed April 2019.
- Daniel Duane (March 21, 2004). The Socratic Shrink. The New York Times Magazine. Archived May 28, 2015.
- "American Philosophical Practitioners Association – Official Website". Archived from the original on January 20, 2013. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- Duane, Daniel (March 21, 2004). "The Socratic Shrink". The New York Times. Retrieved September 9, 2011.